Edge pulsar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin charette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hi I installed the pulsar on my dodge ram and it's been three times that the truck goes off on the way is that normal ????

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is it stalling or surging? Neither is normal behavior. What year is your Ram?

SWAMP RAT VII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Muscle truck
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be Careful with those things. Some work some do not. Had to pull mine because of Engine light and low Battery Voltage light. Some work and some do not. It can dump on you when you least expect it.

2017 RT.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Return the Pulsar for a refund. Me personally, I wouldn't even bother risking future vehicle reliability w/ a replacement. The more I read of others having issues... the less faith I have in my own not failing at some point, despite 6,000 miles of problem free performance thus far. Highly recommend you pick up a Pedal Commander if you don't have one already. That's really all you need to wake up a stock Hemi & it won't leave you stranded on the side of the road nor require Premium Fuel to get max benefit.

I wish we knew how many Pulsars have been sold relative to the number of returns. Happy customers tend to not post on forums much so the failures that do occur generate lots of attention, which impacts future sales since many won't be willing to roll the dice on a product perceived to be potentially unreliable. Edge would be wise to address this head-on w/ stats on what the current rate of failure is. If it's very low, that would go a long ways in easing concerns of current owners & those considering buying. If it's higher than what's acceptable by industry standards...... the de-bugging should be addressed before any more units are sold. When it works, it works great (love mine)... but if you can't count on it to reliably work, well that's a big problem for all owners... not just the folks getting faulty units.

Last edited:

Stevefwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I purchased the Pulsar and it worked fine until one evening on my way home it through me a P1D73 code that turned out to be the shutter actuator. Have no idea what that has to do with it. Took it in to dealer for my PCM reprogram from the cruise re-call, pu it back on and so far ok. Hope I don't have issues with his unit.

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been happy with mine so far, no issues.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly there hasnt been many issues at all compared to how many have been sold. Many of the issues we have found to be installer error of the plugs not being fully seated creating loose connections causing issues or a separate issue that was thought to initially be the Pulsar.

Double check all the plugs and make sure they are fully seated.

As stated above I do highly recommend the Pedal Commander especially if you are going to combo it with the Pulsar! https://gotexhaust.com/c-1183874-ram-owners-preferred-products.html use code PC10 for a discount.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Good to hear Nick, thanks for the info. Still loving mine btw.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly there hasnt been many issues at all compared to how many have been sold. Many of the issues we have found to be installer error of the plugs not being fully seated creating loose connections causing issues or a separate issue that was thought to initially be the Pulsar.

Double check all the plugs and make sure they are fully seated.

i second, third, and fourth this. OP's low voltage issue tips me off to think that something isn't seated properly.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had tried to reseat the original and the replacement 5 or 6 times with no success still the cruising surge and twice with the replacement unit the truck took off on me in traffic. Possibly Im leaning towards having a problem on the harness side of the connections, but never have had a problem since removal. I was limited on data logging and was not about to reharnes a 6 month old truck so I gave up.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mines been sitting in my garage for several weeks since I broke the pcm clips trying to remove them and they appear glued on but why are there no reviews on YouTube or anywhere of the pulsar at all? no 0-60 tests?? and no dyno runs to prove the horsepower and torque claims??? Let's see the proof on this product for the guys that have it installed!!!

First thing I'm doing is 0-60 the second it's installed if I ever get over the fear of leaving my truck for the dealer to work on that is

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I was just looking for that video. I remember someone did one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk