Edge pulsar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone running this? How do you like it? Are there actual noticeable gains? Thinking of pairing this with a vararam, moes TB, and pedal commander. Anyone have that combo how does it do over stock?

Billyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram 1500
Engine
i have it.
it works as advertised. i like it. i don't run MDS. i hate it. i habitually put my ram in 8th speed manually every time i put it into drive. i was hoping that with the pulsar i wouldn't have to do this every time. otherwise there will be a slight hesitation while cruising on/off gas pedal in puslar settings 2,4,6,8. its been explained on these boards that its the PCM engaging MDS and then the pulsar kicking it off.
i run it in #8 on the pulsar setting, and STILL put it in 8th speed for gear select, run 93 fuel and enjoy the throttle response, although a bit touchy, and the added extra kick in the pants. i've seen a person dyno test it on youtube and i believe it added about 26hp and 26 tq. sounds about right.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have it.
it works as advertised. i like it. i don't run MDS. i hate it. i habitually put my ram in 8th speed manually every time i put it into drive. i was hoping that with the pulsar i wouldn't have to do this every time. otherwise there will be a slight hesitation while cruising on/off gas pedal in puslar settings 2,4,6,8. its been explained on these boards that its the PCM engaging MDS and then the pulsar kicking it off.
i run it in #8 on the pulsar setting, and STILL put it in 8th speed for gear select, run 93 fuel and enjoy the throttle response, although a bit touchy, and the added extra kick in the pants. i've seen a person dyno test it on youtube and i believe it added about 26hp and 26 tq. sounds about right.
Was that wheel hp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

wespentecost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone running this? How do you like it? Are there actual noticeable gains? Thinking of pairing this with a vararam, moes TB, and pedal commander. Anyone have that combo how does it do over stock?
I had 2 for my 16 rebel, neither worked. Ended up with a new pcm and the diablo i3. I'm also using a vararam intake, pedal commander and custom tunes with red line synthetic oil and carven progressive exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one paired with a vararam, bought it very shortly after it was announced. it’s no custom tune, but it does the job. the mds comment above is accurate, they still haven’t figured out how to turn MDS completely off.

I fear that edge will offer lackluster support in the future, but the product is solid and does what I want it to. I have calibrated my speedo for 35s, and I can change to each tune setting on the fly. i’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
It's a good option if you don't want to replace your ECU and do custom tuning. Removing the Edge leaves no foot print in the ECU for warranty work.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have heard mixed things on custom tuning some say they can't tell because you use a different Pcm others say they can tell because it has to be removed and swapped each time. If they can't tell for a custom tune even if I have to swap everytime I'd go that route.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
rear wheel hp.
in number 8 setting
Not doubting you seen it but 26whp equates to 32bhp. I have a hard time believing a NA motor with a very mild canned tune is picking up that much but I may be wrong. What kind of power is let's say a greene custom tune picking up?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I have heard mixed things on custom tuning some say they can't tell because you use a different Pcm others say they can tell because it has to be removed and swapped each time. If they can't tell for a custom tune even if I have to swap everytime I'd go that route.

Hour meters between the control modules won't match up.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had 2 also, my 2017 Rebel had a throttle surge due to the MDS also, Vararam intake and Pypes Muffler are the only other upgrades. At $500 (pre update) not being able to shut off the MDS completely it wasnt worth it to me. I returned mine, figured for $100 more I could get an unlocked PCM and custom tune. If it was in the $250 bracket I would have kept it. But it does make a difference you can feel.

Billyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram 1500
Engine
I had 2 also, my 2017 Rebel had a throttle surge due to the MDS also, Vararam intake and Pypes Muffler are the only other upgrades. At $500 (pre update) not being able to shut off the MDS completely it wasnt worth it to me. I returned mine, figured for $100 more I could get an unlocked PCM and custom tune. If it was in the $250 bracket I would have kept it. But it does make a difference you can feel.

i thought the same as well but i was too late for a return and i don't want to spend another 900 for a new unlocked PCM and tuner. i figured i would just keep it since i was only going to do some basic mods anyway. i just have the pulsar, mufflex18 and a catch can. maybe a CAI if i feel like it.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agree with Georgiasport not everyone has the surge issue, it's only a few of us that experience it.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only a few of us have had the noticable surging issue, your truck may be fine with it.

BTW Edge was very responsive to try to figure out what was going on when I reported the surging my truck experienced.

Last edited:

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what the update addresses or adds. I am waiting to hear back from the guy. He needed the serial number off my Pulsar which is weird because when he contacted me the first time about the initial update and sent me the free cable he never asked for the serial.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I wonder what the update addresses or adds. I am waiting to hear back from the guy. He needed the serial number off my Pulsar which is weird because when he contacted me the first time about the initial update and sent me the free cable he never asked for the serial.

So a new update is in the works?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For anyone interested in a Pulsar shoot me a message. We can get you set up and with great pricing!