Electronic brake issues on a 13...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rook247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well the first gremlin happend when I was on the interstate on the way to work. Cruise set at 80 and I hit a bump. Nothing dramatic but my cruise turned off. I figured maybe the bump made the brake peddle drop a smidge and it killed the cruise. No dice. A message popped on saying check electronic braking system and the cruise wouldn't come on anymore. I shut her down and restarted it and all was well. Two weeks later and maybe driving it four times since more lights popped on. I was driving about 10-15mph on a slight incline and got two lights. Service trailer brakes and the same service electronic brake system. You all know anything about these lights? I'm bringing it in but I'm sure chances are the lights wont be on and they won't be able to diagnose it.

OP
OP
R

rook247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also my uconnect dropped my srt page and is randomly showing the wrong time on the stereo. I've had good luck with dodge hope this isnt a clunker.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys have been having uconnect issues, not 100% sure but I think a software update fixes that. As far as your lights go, i haven't heard anything. Hopefully the service department will take care of you

wasCHARGERnowRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Same thing happen to my 2013 today except mine isnt going off.
What did the dealer sAY?

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well the first gremlin happend when I was on the interstate on the way to work. Cruise set at 80 and I hit a bump. Nothing dramatic but my cruise turned off. I figured maybe the bump made the brake peddle drop a smidge and it killed the cruise. No dice. A message popped on saying check electronic braking system and the cruise wouldn't come on anymore. I shut her down and restarted it and all was well. Two weeks later and maybe driving it four times since more lights popped on. I was driving about 10-15mph on a slight incline and got two lights. Service trailer brakes and the same service electronic brake system. You all know anything about these lights? I'm bringing it in but I'm sure chances are the lights wont be on and they won't be able to diagnose it.

I had a similar incident about a year ago. I drive for our local Ram dealer doing dealer trades, etc. Coming out of Grand Rapids, MI I was bringing back a 5500 Cab Chassis short wheel base. I hit a pothole and the same exact thing happened. I got a check engine light, had no cruise and got an EVIC message stating the anti-lock brakes needed service. Apparently, something jarred loose when I hit the pothole. If I remember, service found the problem and corrected it when I got back. I'm sure your will get it resolved. Good luck.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Ram 1500 Service Electronic Braking System Message, Trac Control Malfunction

PROBLEM: While driving message center chime announced "Service Electronic Braking System" intermittently approximately 50-70 times. Instrument cluster also indicated Traction Control malfunction with Check Engine lamp illuminated. Cruise control inoperative. Faults occurred at each subsequent start up. After five days in fault condition ECO (MDS) inoperative and appeared to be in Tow/Haul Mode even though Tow/Haul switch indicated otherwise. Harsh shifts and would not go into 8th gear until over 55MPH.

RESOLUTION: Initial diagnostics by dealer indicated ABS Control Module internal fault (C2200-49). Dealer ordered module (68228991-AD). Returned to dealer who installed new ABS Control Module but still registered same fault. Technician found water intrusion in ABS Control Module connector and sensor cavities. STAR case opened. Ordered another ABS Control Module per Chrysler engineering. Second new ABS Control Module installed (7/13/15), internal fault gone, but now has Low Pressure fault (C0044-28). Chrysler instructed technician to order and install ABS Hydraulic Control Unit (68196033-AA). Technician installed new HCU and packed relevant electrical connector with silicone dielectric grease. Problem resolved.

Regards,
Dusty
2014 Ram Big Horn 1500 Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP70, 3.92 LSD, factory dual exhaust, 20” wheels. Now at: 023073 miles.