Electronic issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck Alexander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Yesterday I left my key in the ignition for several hours I discovered it last night, it was dead..I took the key out and left it until today. Today I tried to jump it wouldn't and I can't get the key out of the ignition. and it is dead, any suggestions, I'm thinking it's the battery.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Trying to jumper a completely dead battery can take a while. To try to get the key out, pull the negative battery cable off and use the jumper cables to the positive and the removed negative cable(leave truck battery disconnected).
I would try putting the charger on the truck battery for a few hours/overnight. If the battery is a couple years old probably best just to replace it.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it’s the original to the truck you’ll be best to replace.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
If the battery is original (2015) you could just replace it, but I'd try what CRASH68 Said. Or just put the charging cables on the battery without disconnecting it. You will need more than a wimp charger (trickle type) though. rated 10amp or greater. If you have a jump pack, that would be even better. Good Luck!