Emblem Removal "debadging" of Truck

How does the Ram look without badges, emblem?

• Better

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Good

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Not good

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruBaker19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My brother had to paint his old Dakota and took off all the emblems to do so. I really liked the way the clean truck looked. I decided to do the same to my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn 4x4. I took everything off besides the Ram logo on the tailgate. I am very happy with the result. I will ceramic coat next.

I used a heat gun, fishing line, leather gloves, a 3M eraser wheel on a drill, some Goof Off solvent, and a microfiber cloth. The fishing line was 4#, a stronger test is a better idea, just use a long sawing motion to cut the foam off the emblem.

You can hand peel or use a soft plastic edge to scrap off the adhesive. Then use 1/4-1/2 speed with the 3M eraser wheel on a drill. Wear eye protection for the eraser wheel. Use a solvent and towel to remove the residue. Then compound and buff out, finish with a wax. I will not wax since I'm going to ceramic coat.

If you took off you emblems, share some photos of your clean looking truck.

IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

Last edited:

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lotta good “how-to” videos of this process on Youtube ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BruBaker19

BruBaker19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the regular cab short bed truck. If I didn't have a family of 5, I'd own one. I owned one years ago and it was awesome. The shorter wheelbase just makes off road so much fun. I have a crew with a 6.4' bed now, so I really notice the difference on what I can go over and get down in the woods. Not to mention you can buy two of them for the price of the fancy four doors. I'd rather have 2!