Engine light plus traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtSloane74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
So, I have a 2016 ram hemi. The engine light comes on then a few seconds later, the traction light cones on and I loose power. Happens mostly on a cold engine. Im up North. I found that my oil level is way down when this happens and of course I add oil and it's fine for a min. The other day it was completely empty of oil and no sensors warning at all. The guards were all normal. I found that the oil level is the problem but can't figure out where it's burning. I smell it at my tail pipe but there is no smoke. I run a tester and it gives me some codes like 3044. But I replaced all the sensors. Still does this. Any clues?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I had a issue a few weeks ago.
Turns out the PCV valve was bad and sucking oil and coating the Throttle body !
Maybe worth checking ?

I will check my oil lever tomorrow just to be safe :)
The gear heads should chime in, Sorry I am not much help

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How many miles on it, A compression test dry/wet will show you the condition of the rings, valve seals not usually a problem but will smoke at start up, probably time for new spark plugs they will show if you're burning oil.