Evolve Lubricants Inc - Anyone using this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
I was recently introduced to a non-petroleum engine oil called "Evolve lubricants".
From chatting with one of their engineers he's stating I can use their 5w20 engine oil and on average can get 17-21k miles between oil changes...

Not sure if any of you have heard or using it...
Thanks.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Can't judge anything without white papers and stat sheets. I am in favor of renewable resourced oil, eventually they will all be that. The ones that are gonna perform well are ones with added esters to compensate for the undesirable aspects of bio based base oils to date. Most bio based motor oils have failed to get a hold in the market. I am not at all impressed with their website, kind of stupid smoke you see with modern day puppets.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I will give it a better chance when I have a minute to check through their stuff. Again when I see that modern language it is hard to give anything a fair shot. So I will look past the mission statement and see what I can come up with as far as the product itself. They do themselves no favors buy jerking those same chains about what we are supposed to care about. In the end I care about lubrication and proper lubrication for my hemi and value and nothing else, all that "climate" smoke gets in the way. I do see some tests, because I do believe in this resource, I will give it a look past the fools that designed their marketing.

I do see they omit esters in their marketing or education, which is a fat mistake as I personally believe this is the only way this dog is gonna hunt. The do acknowledge pao and group 3 and gtl, so why they omit esters is beyond me at this point.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thank you for chiming in @Burla. I knew you would have some well put thoughts on it.
yw, you can see their stats page fairly decent stuff on the surface. For the OP you can see tbn is 10, which is universal for a long interval, it is the amount of base they add to their oils. I would wager the base oil can retain tbn fairly well or they wouldnt advertise it, but no real way to know without uoa's. Which is the next step, uoa's would be needed. They say 6 months or 9k miles, which is conceivable.

With the weights they use, clearly they also use vii's which are petroleum based.

It appears to be 20 dollars a qrt as well. It doesnt perform like a HP oil but demands a high performance oil price tag. The main argument against this stuff, group 3 oils are just very economical and do the job really really well, so is there any benefit to this oil? Nothing I can see. I can see why they use the language they use, if someone was a greeny above all else maybe they would want this product, and it will be serviceable. Pour points are a little low, not sure if I would use this in the real cold places in the heart of winter. But this does "appear" to be a step above some of the other "green" motor oils we have seen in the last 15 years or so.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
And just because I'm gonna be that guy @Burla HIGHLY reccomens the K&N Oil filter just for the easy to remove hex wrench head on the filter as well as the superior cardboard media riffle filters inside.. ;)

Last edited:

Booth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Tell that engineer to put it in his vehicle, run it for the 17-21k miles, then tear it down and report on it.