exaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a cat back Gibson system now but I'm looking for something with a deeper sound been looking at flowmaster mufflers has anyone had these and do you get the dreaded drone at highway speeds with them

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've had them on 3 different trucks and only had the drone with one. My last truck had dual super 44's and there was a little drone with it. Had the same muffler on the ram and there wasn't any with it but u changed it out for a dynomax bullet

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had them on 3 different trucks and only had the drone with one. My last truck had dual super 44's and there was a little drone with it. Had the same muffler on the ram and there wasn't any with it but u changed it out for a dynomax bullet

any recommendations for replacement to my current system

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the 40series. Not bad at all. Go look at my thread about my cutout installed. In the videos it switches the exhaust so you can hear it. Camera was right next to me in thr cab. Id post a link but im on my phone.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'd probably go with the super 44's. I've had them and the 40's, and the 44's were a bit deeper.

The deepest sounding exhaust I've had was on my old '83 RCSB cheby. It had a built small block with a big cam and headers. The exhaust ran straight back and joined in a dual in 50 series with a 3" dump in front of the axle. My friends said they could feel me coming before they heard me

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'd probably go with the super 44's. I've had them and the 40's, and the 44's were a bit deeper.

The deepest sounding exhaust I've had was on my old '83 RCSB cheby. It had a built small block with a big cam and headers. The exhaust ran straight back and joined in a dual in 50 series with a 3" dump in front of the axle. My friends said they could feel me coming before they heard me

that's awesome I'm definitely leaning towards the super 44s want deep but still want to hear the radio lol

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how loud is it inside if you don't mind me asking
It's loud outside and quite inside. That's what flowmaster is also known for. if I have the radio on u can hear it faintly as you take off from a light or get on it. Never has bothered me at all. I need to make some better videos... I live the flowmaster deep grumble.

My mustang has the exhaust dump right after the mufflers and it shakes the house lol I had pictures and shot glasses ready to fall ha muahaha

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's loud outside and quite inside. That's what flowmaster is also known for. if I have the radio on u can hear it faintly as you take off from a light or get on it. Never has bothered me at all. I need to make some better videos... I live the flowmaster deep grumble.

My mustang has the exhaust dump right after the mufflers and it shakes the house lol I had pictures and shot glasses ready to fall ha muahaha

loud outside and quiet inside what I'm after thanks

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Installed a Flowmaster super 44 muffler today in place of my gibson muffler truck sounds great thanks again everybody for the advice

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet. I'm gonna have to replace my muffler sometime this year. Got a knockoff flowmaster right now. Thinking about going true flowmasters this time.

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got mine on eBay it was the best price I could find

quietpeen

Supporting Member