Exhaust manifold gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I’ve got a 2015ram 5.7L with some arh long tube headers snd I’ve got to replace the exhaust manifold gasket. I hear good things about remflex . I used a mopar gasket now with locking header bolts but never got em retorqued and have a small leak. I want to replace . Can someone who has done it verify the specific remflex gasket I’d need ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed shorty headers on my ram and used remflex gaskets they're excellent gaskets

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed shorty headers on my ram and used remflex gaskets they're excellent gaskets

Did u use locking header bolts ? Did you retorque? If so when?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello, I’ve got a 2015ram 5.7L with some arh long tube headers snd I’ve got to replace the exhaust manifold gasket. I hear good things about remflex . I used a mopar gasket now with locking header bolts but never got em retorqued and have a small leak. I want to replace . Can someone who has done it verify the specific remflex gasket I’d need ?

Are we having fun with the locking tabs on your stage 8 bolts,lol. Throw the locking tabs and clips away once you manage to remove them,they'll cause you more issues then you want.Besides whens the last time you seen a header bolt fall out? The tabs keep you from easily retorquing the headers,so you're prone to more gasket leaks.BTW don't bend the Remflex gaskets,they don't take well to bending,and don't go nuts on tightening them down,they only require 20 lb-ft of torque.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are we having fun with the locking tabs on your stage 8 bolts,lol. Throw the locking tabs and clips away once you manage to remove them,they'll cause you more issues then you want.Besides whens the last time you seen a header bolt fall out? The tabs keep you from easily retorquing the headers,so you're prone to more gasket leaks.BTW don't bend the Remflex gaskets,they don't take well to bending,and don't go nuts on tightening them down,they only require 20 lb-ft of torque.

Makes sense I suppose. I’ll toss the tabs. What’s the retorque process ? Is there a way to do it while it’s up on the lift? For example , get the engine up to temp for a period of time then let it cool then retorque? Looking for advice on that too. Thank u

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Makes sense I suppose. I’ll toss the tabs. What’s the retorque process ? Is there a way to do it while it’s up on the lift? For example , get the engine up to temp for a period of time then let it cool then retorque? Looking for advice on that too. Thank u

Remflex says no re-torquing required,but i usually snug them up after a couple heat cycles,then check them once in awhile afterwards. I'd run it up to temp once,then check them if you have it on a lift.Start from the center and work your way outwards in an ever expanding circle when you're tightening them down if you don't have a torque pattern for them.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remflex says no re-torquing required,but i usually snug them up after a couple heat cycles,then check them once in awhile afterwards. I'd run it up to temp once,then check them if you have it on a lift.Start from the center and work your way outwards in an ever expanding circle when you're tightening them down if you don't have a torque pattern for them.

Awesome thanks for the advice [emoji1306][emoji631]

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did u use locking header bolts ? Did you retorque? If so when?

No I used the bolts that came with the Kooks headers and I did 1 heat cycle and rechecked them and all is good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AxleFolly