Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes...another exhaust question...

I've searched the forum along with other forums and can't seem to find a solid answer.

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Rebel with the 5.7. I miss the days of having a loud truck and think that I want to do something with the exhaust. I'm thinking about either buying a muffler delete or just having a shop fab up a y pipe to replace the muffler and keep the resonators. I'm not concerned with how loud it is or cabin drone but am hesitant because I don't want to harm my MPGs or performance of the truck. I also don't plan on doing an intake or tuner.

I have seen anything from better/worse mpgs and also better performance/worse performance or a change in low end torque. I was wondering if anyone has actual dyno proof whether what effect changing the exhaust has one the performance side. Also, what has everyone else experienced as far as changes in MPGs.