Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for the pictures, I was very curious how those sat back when you mentioned you cut your stock tips back. I had to think on that for a minute to realize you removed the tips and trimmed the stock length pipe behind the tips to fit the new ones.

I am pretty happy with my mufflex, but this might be the last piece of the puzzle.

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the pictures, I was very curious how those sat back when you mentioned you cut your stock tips back. I had to think on that for a minute to realize you removed the tips and trimmed the stock length pipe behind the tips to fit the new ones.

I am pretty happy with my mufflex, but this might be the last piece of the puzzle.

Your welcome (had to ask the wife to go outside and take some)I wish I could be content like you with the mufflex; I went through a dod14m, dod18m, cherry bomb extreme (favorite so far) but the made in China aluminum, I can't get over so just ended up ordering the Solo Mach 40 kit from Jeff @ Solo Performance.

OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pld, does the cherry bomb extreme have a deep sound to it or is it a higher sound? Also, do they make a direct fit system like the mufflex? Thanks

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For me switching to 5" X 12" long deepened my exhaust sound using the same muffler.:favorites13:I don't think a 5" stubby tip like the factory ones would have any effect probably because the exhaust is exited too quickly. I have the MBRP T5053 tip's and i used the factory tip's (cutdown)for the reducers

Pics?

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Solo makes good stuff, hope you're happy going that route. I had Solo on my GXP connected to OBX Longtubes, Solo Mach axle back with jpipes, was loud as frack. I'm not trying to go loud on the truck though. But I wanted some edge over stock. Needed to "know" (read hear) that I'm in a truck.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DavidRam Thank You for your response. You always have informative responses and you are always nice about it. Your powder coated tips look awesome by the way. I might have to look in to doing that as well. Thanks Again!!

My pleasure, happy to help anytime. I was confused as hell at the rest of this thread... I didn't know men could be on their period, too... hey, hey I am kidding! Lmao! ;)

@daddy, I am not sure if the stock tips are bolted or welded. I think the ********* tips would look great against chrome.

OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was confused as hell at the rest of this thread... I didn't know men could be on their period, too... hey, hey I am kidding! Lmao! ;)

Now that's funny right there!!!

OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha you guys are to damn funny!! I am laughing my ass off!!

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't have any special sound analysis training to back this statement, but I would say that longer and wider should produce deeper sound. :)

I have the MF catback with 22" muffler, 5" dia tips. When I took the tips off to have them powder coated, most of the sound was pretty much gone. With the tips on, the truck has a very low bass-rumble , no popping or gurgle.

What size are your tips? MBRP's?

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
pld, does the cherry bomb extreme have a deep sound to it or is it a higher sound? Also, do they make a direct fit system like the mufflex? Thanks

The CBE is very,very deep sounding; there's 2 videos on youtube but keep the reso's on because it becomes too gurgly. No direct fit.