Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OEM tips to 5's

I did this and there is no difference in the audio whatsoever as far as I can determine

not sure that I would expect any difference with a non baffled or internally serrated tip anyway

my SSR came with a double wall 3" inch tip that was serrated in the same way a Cherry Bomb is with a glass mat and when I put the straight 5's on there was no difference that I could truly tell either.

I think you would need some pretty sophisticated sound measuring equipment to pick up on any changes that may have occurred

Attachments

• 3 n' half to 5s.jpg
    3 n' half to 5s.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 5's.jpg
    5's.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
T

twelver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks twooldfarmers!! Those tips look awesome!!

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did this and there is no difference in the audio whatsoever as far as I can determine

not sure that I would expect any difference with a non baffled or internally serrated tip anyway

my SSR came with a double wall 3" inch tip that was serrated in the same way a Cherry Bomb is with a glass mat and when I put the straight 5's on there was no difference that I could truly tell either.

I think you would need some pretty sophisticated sound measuring equipment to pick up on any changes that may have occurred

See.. it's that simple to help out a fellow forum member.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

x2

Going from a 3" to 5" tip will not make a notable difference in sound. Especially with them not being resonated tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca