Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dansraminit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, got a 2015 1500, looking for a muffler delete kit, or have a shop do it. Thoughts and places in the Watertown CT area.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just removing muffler?

OP
OP
D

Dansraminit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I saw the kit, I don’t mind doing some work myself, but I didn’t want to drop $200 and not like the sound. You can only listen to so many YouTube videos.

Mike htx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I’m new to this forum thing, I have a 2016 ram 1500 hemi. I am looking for exhaust that sounds good but isn’t gonna be too loud or drone. Had flowmasters on my 08 and towing was a droning nightmare. I want a little rumble but not much cab noise. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Carven Competitior without resonators has zero drone. It had a little bit of drone with resonators on and when I took them off it went away. But that may be on the loud side for you, I came from straight pipes so too me it is quiet.

Here is a clip at cold start in 90 degree heat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxzwsRnhYuz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look up the borla pro xs thread, you can make a clamp in version yourself with buying an extension pipe or get the weld in version. Having it for awhile, it does drone slighty at certain rpms, but in 8th gear on the highway its quiet, highway driving is why i had to get rid of the carven progressive, droned bad at 1500 rpms, i have the 3.21 gears, so i think that matters, most who have the 3.92s dont seem to mind carven mufflers

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a '14 1500 5.7 8 speed. Local shop made a bolt in muffler replacement pipe. If you can get a pre fab kit it would work well. You will like the sound until MDS kicks in at low speed. I usually selected manual mode in town to avoid the MDS growl. Did not detect any change in power or gas milage but did not put it on a dyno either..

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look up the borla pro xs thread, you can make a clamp in version yourself with buying an extension pipe or get the weld in version. Having it for awhile, it does drone slighty at certain rpms, but in 8th gear on the highway its quiet, highway driving is why i had to get rid of the carven progressive, droned bad at 1500 rpms, i have the 3.21 gears, so i think that matters, most who have the 3.92s dont seem to mind carven mufflers

I have the 3.21 gears as well. Did you leave your resonators on? Mine droned around 70 - 80 and then when I took the resonators off it removed the drone

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 3.21 gears as well. Did you leave your resonators on? Mine droned around 70 - 80 and then when I took the resonators off it removed the drone

I didn't take resonators off, bought the borla, sold the carven for close to what i paid for it. Wanted to keep a simple clamp on setup

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gibson mwa, sounds good, minimal drone, pypes violator also has minimal drone as well. I've had magnaflow and flownasters before, all had drone at the 1700-2100 range.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had lots of mufflers on my truck. The three that had good sound and minimal to no drone are Solo Performance Mach 44, Borla Pro XS, and Flowmaster 50HD. Every muffler I've had shorter than 18" has droned. I have found out after some experimentation, that the Moe's 5" tips I was using were increasing the drone. I have switched back to stock tips and the slight drone I was getting with my 50HD is completely gone. Makes me wonder if this would have helped with some of the other mufflers I had that droned with the larger tips.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had lots of mufflers on my truck. The three that had good sound and minimal to no drone are Solo Performance Mach 44, Borla Pro XS, and Flowmaster 50HD. Every muffler I've had shorter than 18" has droned. I have found out after some experimentation, that the Moe's 5" tips I was using were increasing the drone. I have switched back to stock tips and the slight drone I was getting with my 50HD is completely gone. Makes me wonder if this would have helped with some of the other mufflers I had that droned with the larger tips.

Finally paired the borla with 5" carven tips, only drove around the corner but it sounds awesome. I hope ur wrong about this one gdawg! Hahaha. Ill do some highway driving friday on the way to work and report back

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally paired the borla with 5" carven tips, only drove around the corner but it sounds awesome. I hope ur wrong about this one gdawg! Hahaha. Ill do some highway driving friday on the way to work and report back

5" tips didn't affect the Borla. Sounded great with them. You will like.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI guys we are running a sale on Borla products starting right NOW. Contact us for pricing on what ever you are looking for!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks, I saw the kit, I don’t mind doing some work myself, but I didn’t want to drop $200 and not like the sound. You can only listen to so many YouTube videos.

I’ve got 2 videos on YouTube of the warm and cold start up. It’s definitely worth checking out.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hey I’m new to this forum thing, I have a 2016 ram 1500 hemi. I am looking for exhaust that sounds good but isn’t gonna be too loud or drone. Had flowmasters on my 08 and towing was a droning nightmare. I want a little rumble but not much cab noise. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you

Solo Exhaust Delete Kit is what ya want

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon