Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Findmeaname

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can still buy the Mopar Extended Warranty as long as the Factory Warranty is still valid
So i bought the Mopar Extended Warranty just before my Ram had turned 36,000 miles on it.
At that time the factory warranty was 36,000 miles or 36 months.

Now pay attention :

Only buy a Mopar Extended Warranty
Do NOT buy a dealership special warranty

The dealership warranty is only good for just your State & maybe a few surrounding States

The Mopar Extended Warranty is good at any FCA/Stellantis dealership in Mexico, Canada & the USA

Your dealership's price on the Mopar Extended Warranty, can usually be beat
after getting your dealership best price, check out this site & others like it

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/about/faqs.aspx

I think this is such an important point I thought I would just copy it so that it appears again....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When my dealership had to completely rebuild my 2009 Dodge Ram differential, i had the Max Care Extended Lifetime Warranty

I asked about a courtesy or rental vehicle, ( the Service Advisor & i get along quite well ), he told me that i could only get a free rental for 3 days. Then i told him that i needed a truck to make Home Depot runs etc. He told me that i would have to talk to the rental company about that.
The rental company, Enterprise, told me that a pickup would cost me $27 a day, over & above the rental voucher that the dealership gave me to give them.
They also said that they had very few rental cars on their lot at the moment & they did not have any trucks.
They made a bunch of calls & about 2 hours later, a Ford pickup drove in, it was far from new, but the body was straight.
I saw that the water temp was high, the floor was dirty & the bed had straw laying around the edges.
I rented it anyway, i got home & checked the radiator, the fins were full of bees & straw.
I think that the rental truck was someones private vehicle & they rented it out because i was insistent about getting a pickup

Last edited:

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Daytona Dodge puts lifetime drivetrain warranty on every nevRamtruck they sell. Also GEICO has mad (mechanical breakdown insurance). Wife’s 2016 Lincolnand my truck....$27 a yr! Called ford dealer and they said yes they do honor it...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Daytona Dodge puts lifetime drivetrain warranty on every nevRamtruck they sell.
I'd like to see the fine print on that. We got one of those dealer warranties on a car we still own. I would have to have them do all routine maint (at $200 per oil change for a 5qt system), there was a hefty deductible, etc. Decided it was not worth it, so I do my own routine maintenance.
Also GEICO has mad (mechanical breakdown insurance). Wife’s 2016 Lincolnand my truck....$27 a yr! Called ford dealer and they said yes they do honor it...
That's a great price, if accurate. But the car has to be insured by Geico, has to be a pretty new vehicle to qualify initially and has a $250 ded.

CUAviator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Any opinions on third party warranties (car shield, carchex, endurance...)? I’ve got a 2003 Ram with 147,000 miles. I can/like to do a lot of things myself. But it’s getting to the point where the big stuff is going to start breaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actuator for driver side door will Likly fail. Exhaust manifold bolts for “hemi tick” will Fail, and possibly your interior fax motors for heat and a/c.

Big Daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Extended warranties are never worth what you pay for them unless you would have a catastrophic engine failure. There are way too many loopholes in these warranties that the corrupt auto makers will use to avoid not paying for repairs.

This is so not true...

CBXer6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
When I purchased my 2016 Power Wagon I purchased the life time bumper to bumper warranty. I did that since I kept my 2001 Ram Off Road until 2016 so I thought it would be worth it.
With all of the electronic stuff that is put in today's vehicles, if you plan on keeping one for a long time, I think some of the extended warranties may be worth it. I had an LED interior dome light go out. You can't change a bulb. You have to replace the whole module, which in this case, was several hundred dollars.

cornelius967

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 G/T
Engine
HEMI 5.7 w/eTorque
I asked the selling dealer to quote me a price on a Mopar extended warranty when I bought my new truck: he said $4,000. I have bought extended warranties for our past few new vehicles and have not used them once; and we try to keep our new vehicles for at least 10 years (In ten years my wife's 350Z had 64,000 miles on it). So, I told the F&I guy that they don't seem to be a very good investment and told him I'd pass. When I went in to take delivery of my new RAM, he offered me a "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" Mopar Max Care 8yrs/100,000 miles for $3,400. If I didn't use it in the time/mileage limits I could apply for a full money back guarantee. I wasn't prepared to buy an extended warranty at the time, so I told him I'd think about it. Still deciding, but it might be worth it in the long run (just have to make sure I keep track of the paperwork and remember to send in the refund on time). Yes, it was a MOPAR Extended Warranty: Money back guarantee!

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It never ceases to amaze me that people buy extended warranties.

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to see the fine print on that. We got one of those dealer warranties on a car we still own. I would have to have them do all routine maint (at $200 per oil change for a 5qt system), there was a hefty deductible, etc. Decided it was not worth it, so I do my own routine maintenance.

That's a great price, if accurate. But the car has to be insured by Geico, has to be a pretty new vehicle to qualify initially and has a $250 ded.
My quote IS accurate! I don't flap my jaws here just to hear myself talk, sorry! And a $250 deductible is VERY reasonable! It's not a "dealer warranty", they purchase it from a warranty company just like you do thru the dealer when they charge you 3 times what it should be and finance it for you. Biggest difference thru Daytona Dodge it costs you NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. You can have repairs made at ANY Dodge/Ram dealer and there is NO fine print saying you have to pay them to do this or that! Ask me how I know!! Now don't get my wrong, even though I like Daytona Dodge they stuck it where the sun don't shine every time I bought there but they used better Vaseline than most! LOL

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My quote IS accurate! I don't flap my jaws here just to hear myself talk, sorry! And a $250 deductible is VERY reasonable! It's not a "dealer warranty", they purchase it from a warranty company just like you do thru the dealer when they charge you 3 times what it should be and finance it for you. Biggest difference thru Daytona Dodge it costs you NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. You can have repairs made at ANY Dodge/Ram dealer and there is NO fine print saying you have to pay them to do this or that! Ask me how I know!! Now don't get my wrong, even though I like Daytona Dodge they stuck it where the sun don't shine every time I bought there but they used better Vaseline than most! LOL
Gotcha'. So they build it into the price of the vehicle. Makes sense, they ain't doing it for free.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zeigler's 7 year unlimited mileage plan was $2910...bought it before mine hit 12,000 miles. My friend has a 2007 TRX 1500 4x4 and he has the unlimited factory plan they had at the time. He just had $5500 in work done for zero cost. His is a lifetime so he is thinking about keeping it forever.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I bought a 100k warranty on my 2011. It was there, for anything up to 100k...and was transferrable for $50.

When I sold the truck to an individual, it had over 75k miles worth of warranty left...and I dropped $50 off the price of the truck so he could get it. He was stoked, and helped me sell the truck.

I bought a 5 year, bumper to bumper on my new Grand Cherokee. Covers everything , and is transferable.
I figured worth it to the next potential buyer.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 100k warranty on my 2011. It was there, for anything up to 100k...and was transferrable for $50.

When I sold the truck to an individual, it had over 75k miles worth of warranty left...and I dropped $50 off the price of the truck so he could get it. He was stoked, and helped me sell the truck.

I bought a 5 year, bumper to bumper on my new Grand Cherokee. Covers everything , and is transferable.
I figured worth it to the next potential buyer.
With that last statement does that mean it’s time to get another RAM?

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotcha'. So they build it into the price of the vehicle. Makes sense, they ain't doing it for free.
Atabout 1/3 of what they would charge you! Like I said I don’t run my flap about something I only THINK I know, like many! When I bought my 18 I price shopped 3 dealers they all had their same little “gimmicks”. Basic price out the door was within two-three hundred dollars. But the other two dealers wanted 1500-2000 MORE for their extender warranty..

Thomas May

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
on my 2021 Big Horn Night Edition the quote I got for 5/100 through Chrysler Direct was like $2240 using my Florida address. However if I told him I lived in Alabama or another surrounding state, my quote dropped to $1535.