Factory Trailer Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My '96 Ram 1500 came with the factory towing package. It looks like the trucks 7 pin trailer connector is a stand alone harness that plugs into the trucks rear harness. Trying to keep it simple and just plug in a new connector and harness. I'm not having much luck finding a direct replacement. Anyone have the P/N for the factory harness or know of an aftermarket harness? I'd even buy a good used one. I know they have the aftermarket ones that plug into the tail-lite connectors - not really what I'm looking for. E-Trailers sells a kit that plugs into the factory connectors, but they are for their magnetic plug kits. Thanks, Willie

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Update - checked truck out and found out that one of the plugs had been bypassed when there was an issue with the trailer brakes. With that being done, the factory style harness would no longer work. Looks like I will wire in a newer style connector setup with both the 4 and 7 pin base.

Reactions: Mop