Favorite truck color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukeRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im trying to figure out what color to paint my truck, im going to do it myslef so something simple mo multi colors. Ive already got a light bule gray paint can but if anything ill make that darker. Deciding between black and dark charcoal grey. What do yall think?

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am partial to greys. But in the end only you can make the call, you will be the one living with it everyday, every owner is the only opinion that counts in the end.

But I do like the greys.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Take a look at the two pictures, think you can probably guess I am real partial to red. The most elegant looking truck I ever owned however was a 1994 Ram Standard Cab V10 that was Driftwood top and bottom with a Metallic Emerald Green Stripe. Same paint scheme as the 1996 in the picture but wasn't available any longer when the Club cabs came out.

Even ad a single color I think that Metallic Emerald Green Pearl would look a bunch better than grey or black. Just way to many of both colours. I like trucks that standout in a crowd.

This is the closest picture I could find.Mine was a 2500 V10 long box.

4V%2F4V%2FCM%2F0J2PTZEDYQ1OOU.jpg

08%2FA5%2FSA%2FCDT9BVFFL1GSCE.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lukeRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah im thinking that too, the grey could be harder to get right though u gotta get the shine right and the perfect grey blacks pretty easy. I attached my old trucj it looks more blue when it cured.

Attachments

• 20220811_130049.jpg
    20220811_130049.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 3

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just a bit interesting that you already have a can of paint, did you buy it for the truck? Is it pretty new and do you have enough? In my bodywork experience, it is better to mix paint fresh and use it quickly to avoid contaminates, etc.

Also assume you have done painting before, prep is the critical step because any imperfections are magnified many times by fresh paint. And a home compressor isn't recommended, you need to use a professional one with water filter, etc. to keep crap out of the paint. Shoot one spec of dust or droplet of water and it is all over.

Color choice, all you. Send a picture when done.

Good luck.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Im trying to figure out what color to paint my truck, im going to do it myslef so something simple mo multi colors. Ive already got a light bule gray paint can but if anything ill make that darker. Deciding between black and dark charcoal grey. What do yall think?
Hmm...DIY paintjob? Should look great. :eek:
sellers-ad-for-red-truck.jpg

OP
OP
L

lukeRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a bit interesting that you already have a can of paint, did you buy it for the truck? Is it pretty new and do you have enough? In my bodywork experience, it is better to mix paint fresh and use it quickly to avoid contaminates, etc.

Also assume you have done painting before, prep is the critical step because any imperfections are magnified many times by fresh paint. And a home compressor isn't recommended, you need to use a professional one with water filter, etc. to keep crap out of the paint. Shoot one spec of dust or droplet of water and it is all over.

Color choice, all you. Send a picture when done.

Good luck.
Yeah i painted a truck a year ago then imitately rolled it so im out to buy a new one. The paint is just left over from last time didnt even use half so should be ok. I definitely dont have a professional compesser but but seemed to do the trick last time. I still havent mix the paint i did it in small proportions so ive got a can and a bit of base and a can and a bit of tinner and then color