Fed up with my seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
So I just got back from a 550 mile trip. The drive there was 4.5 hours and not too bad. The drive back was 5.5 because I spent 1.5 hours in Raleigh Durham stop and go for 30 miles. Afterwards my right foot went numb with 2 hours to go. My right leg just below the butt was sitting on the metal frame for the seat the whole time pinching a nerve. That stop and go made it a miserable experience. The seat foam is new so I'm not sure what to do. Left side I can't feel the frame but right side I can. I've even put an extra piece of surgical grade foam between the cushion and frame on the right to where it's visually sticking up on the right and I still sit on the frame. I can feel myself leaning right while sitting in the seat. I'm not small. 6' 260 lbs but I don't completely fill the seat. Every 3rd gen truck we get in at work I sit in and I've only found 2 that my leg didn't sit on the frame and they were leather with lower miles. One was a SRT10. Is there something in my seat I'm missing that needs replacement? I don't even want to drive it now my legs are so sore. Is it time for 4th gen seats? Are they an easy swap?

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
That's awesome. Did they change mega cab rear seats between 09 and 10? If I get the whole set

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you have a mega cab, try to find a set from a mega cab.

If you have a quad cab, like mine, then you can use either quad or crew cab seats but not mega cab seats.

The front seats are all the same otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock