Fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m on a 3” leveling kit with true 35s. Tires fit perfectly. Trucks not to high that they look small either. Completely the opposite. In person they look huge. I will be installing flares do to all the flinging from them and will post pictures of full length fit flares that are designed for the sport bumpers.

View attachment 192474

View attachment 192475
Like they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I had that just shy of that amount of lift on my 2014 with 35-12.50s and it didn't look like a 4x4 to me so I went with a 1.5" body lift for a few months then went to a 3" body lift. Lots of work but I spare none to get the look I want. Then I was happy but thats me . I came from a time when 4x4s came out of the box much taller than a 4x2 . If someone has to ask if its 4 wheel drive its not finished yet if its mine.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
You only posted a side shot but I feel like it’s the look I want on mine...where it really fills in the bumper cutouts perfectly.

I got alot going on with the exhaust system. Once the whipple goes on, I am going to redo the exhaust so the tips don't stick out so far. :)

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally I think huge pocket flares with bolt heads on a truck with factory size tires and no lift, look ridiculous

I agree completely. I see so many trucks like that. Those huge flares and stock tires. From the back they really look bad. If you have over sized tires that fill the flare then it looks good otherwise it reminds me of a dually with a single wheel. But as others have said, to each their own, their truck, their money.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nice I get that.

do you have “after” pics after going thru mud with the flares?

PS: I like the grill. the painted surround/crosshairs with the chrome big horn slats looks so good on these trucks
If you’re referring to me, I don’t have any pics of driving through mud with flares. Also, my truck is a Sport not a Bighorn. Just doesn’t have the Sport hood

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree completely. I see so many trucks like that. Those huge flares and stock tires. From the back they really look bad. If you have over sized tires that fill the flare then it looks good otherwise it reminds me of a dually with a single wheel. But as others have said, to each their own, their truck, their money.

off topic.....but Loudram the new truck is beautiful!!

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you’re referring to me, I don’t have any pics of driving through mud with flares. Also, my truck is a Sport not a Bighorn. Just doesn’t have the Sport hood
Yeah you posted a pic of no flares after going thru some dirt/mud. Was wondering if you have a comparison pic of how much the flares helped.

In my experience my flares didn’t do much to keep the majority of dirt/mud/salt from winter weather off the sides of the truck. wondering if you’re experience is any different.

but then again you have a smaller tire to flare size ratio than most and you’re wheel stick in pretty far so maybe they’re helping you there.

And I know your truck isn’t a Big Horn. The whole truck pic makes that obvious. I was just more of less calling the chrome grill slats “big horn style”.

forgot some of the sports had exactly the same though.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I don’t have any pics like you want but winter salt spray, well that stuff goes everywhere. The flares really do help though.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m on a 3” leveling kit with true 35s. Tires fit perfectly. Trucks not to high that they look small either. Completely the opposite. In person they look huge. I will be installing flares do to all the flinging from them and will post pictures of full length fit flares that are designed for the sport bumpers.

View attachment 192474

View attachment 192475
Well they’re really only 1/2” coverage flares so the 1-1/4” must be both sides added together. They do fit nicely though. I don’t plan on installing the rest of the front bumper pieces as my front bumper is being removed in a few months for a different bumper

58EC5FFD-F4FB-4365-94F0-4C60DD921997.jpeg

1DF6A991-BD34-4A25-8D7C-63943F814C08.jpeg

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^This is what I'm taking about. If you have the tires to fill them, the right flares look great.

FlaSeadude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well they’re really only 1/2” coverage flares so the 1-1/4” must be both sides added together. They do fit nicely though. I don’t plan on installing the rest of the front bumper pieces as my front bumper is being removed in a few months for a different bumper

Before ordering my set, I specifically asked the vendor about the height and width of the flares. Their response was 4" height 1 1/4" tire coverage...

But I still think they will look good on my truck since my 20" X 10" wheels only have a -12 offset. If I had bigger offset, like -25, I probably would have opted for pocket flares. Either way, they would be full coverage though, as I do not like the look of flares on the plastic bumpers that stop midway down the front...

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 192844

View attachment 192845
Those match the tires great , good choice in my eyes.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 192844

View attachment 192845
What bumper are you going with?

Interested because I’m always on/off looking for a nice aftermarket off-road bumper for my truck.........but can’t decide which will look best on our delmonico red paint.

Looking forward to see pics of whatever you go with.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What bumper are you going with?

Interested because I’m always on/off looking for a nice aftermarket off-road bumper for my truck.........but can’t decide which will look best on our delmonico red paint.

Looking forward to see pics of whatever you go with.
Torxe x3. It’s a very simple bumper. I’ll be modifying it though. I’m going to weld a hoop onto it and also cutting and fabricating a winch cradle for it too. I will not be getting the optional hoop with it but I will be getting the optional skid plate

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine off Ebay ... Already painted ... With the plastic Sport bumper, you want to look for 2500 flares ... The rears are exactly the same, and the stopping point on the fronts just look better on a Sport700b4abb5368e4cce2607c3fcaccedb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year is your 1500 and what year 2500's flares did you use? Appreciate the help.

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 192844

View attachment 192845

WOW those look great. You have me pretty intrigued to buy those. I see they come with all new hardware too.