Removing and replacing fender flares on 2022 Power Wagon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klaby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022, 2019, 2015
Engine
6.4, 5.7
I hate the OEM fender flares! But I think they are attached to the side with clips? My 15 Rebel was just double sided tape, and screws underneath. So can anyone confirm that the PW has clips and thus holes in the fender? and if so has anyone removed them and replaced with aftermarket flares, and what did you do to the holes? Seal with silicone? I do not want a water issues later.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't imagine they use clips

Dollars to donuts, all the use is screws on the underside, perhaps double sided tape on the mating surface

I have a set of bushwackers for sale, but I don't know if they fit the '22

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope. Definitely has holes in the fender. I wouldnt worry too much about sealing so water dosnt get in there…its gonna anyway.

I agree. Dont like the ‘19 up pw flares. I would stick the ‘18 and back on there!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heres a pic of the newer power wagons without flares. I think they are just tabs…maybe you could just cut them off and use sticky tape like the 18’ and back have?

IMG_8410.jpeg

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was wondering the same thing. How does one go about in taking them off exactly? I sprayed in between the body and flares on the lower ends near tail pipe and rear door and it was non stop mud water gushing out for good 5 minutes. Also sprayed from inside the wheel well out and same result. Heads up for those of you who off road a lot and in muddy terrain.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was wondering the same thing. How does one go about in taking them off exactly? I sprayed in between the body and flares on the lower ends near tail pipe and rear door and it was non stop mud water gushing out for good 5 minutes. Also sprayed from inside the wheel well out and same result. Heads up for those of you who off road a lot and in muddy terrain.
Same on my 21 PW...Thinking if I should remove them, clean behind there and reinstall...feels like rust would be inevitable if I don't something..can anyone confirm if there's double sided tape behind a 2021?...thanks!

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what year they started putting the holes in the fenders? On my '16 they were just held on with a few screws along the fender lip and double-sided tape.

For rust prevention, you need to clean out the inside of the fender (between the fender and inner box) and spray it with something like Krown, Fluidfilm, or Woolwax. Rust almost always starts from the inside and works it way out. Rarely the rust will start on the painted surface, unless the paint is actually rubbed off.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what year they started putting the holes in the fenders? On my '16 they were just held on with a few screws along the fender lip and double-sided tape.

For rust prevention, you need to clean out the inside of the fender (between the fender and inner box) and spray it with something like Krown, Fluidfilm, or Woolwax. Rust almost always starts from the inside and works it way out. Rarely the rust will start on the painted surface, unless the paint is actually rubbed off.
‘19 and up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat