Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Sorry for your troubles.

There are some early 3.6L Ecodiesel recalls and more than a few lawsuits out there regarding those engines.

They'll have to investigate the cause of the fire to determine liability.

The Ecodiesel section here may have some leads for you on what customers have done when working with FCA to resolve claims.

Good luck!

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
Using the vin #. Check to see if all recalls have been completed. The last one deals with fires in engine. EGR replacement.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
From carcomplaints.com

On 10/31/2019, fca issued recall VB1/NHTSA 19V-757, for a possible fire hazzard on 2014- 2019 Ram 1500 trucks with the ecodiesel engine. They did not have a fix for the problem, at that time. In early April of 2020, I recieved another recall notice, stating parts were now available, and to call my dealer, to schedule an appointment to have the recall completed. When I called, the dealer said they didn't have the parts, but were expecting them to be shipped soon. They put me on a waiting list, and said they would call me when the parts arrived. I have called the dealer every month since then, and they still tell me, they can't get the updated parts, to do the recall on my truck. I called, two different fca dealers on 6/18/2020, and I'm getting the same response from them, no parts available. My truck is now, five years old, and has 53K miles, two of these leaking egr coolers, have already been replaced under warranty. I now have a case number with fca, and have been told, my dealer will have my truck repaired somtime in early July. These updated parts were supposed to be availible to fix the 2014 and 2015 trucks.these trucks should have been taken off the road. I should not have to wait this long to have this dangerous safety issue fixed.
- Vonore, TN, USA

OP
OP
C

Cecil knauth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was on waiting list now i have scrap. Insurance paid off note but i lost 15 grand in down trade and payments in 13 months

20200820_082852.jpg

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
From carcomplaints.com

On 10/31/2019, fca issued recall VB1/NHTSA 19V-757, for a possible fire hazzard on 2014- 2019 Ram 1500 trucks with the ecodiesel engine. They did not have a fix for the problem, at that time. In early April of 2020, I recieved another recall notice, stating parts were now available, and to call my dealer, to schedule an appointment to have the recall completed. When I called, the dealer said they didn't have the parts, but were expecting them to be shipped soon. They put me on a waiting list, and said they would call me when the parts arrived. I have called the dealer every month since then, and they still tell me, they can't get the updated parts, to do the recall on my truck. I called, two different fca dealers on 6/18/2020, and I'm getting the same response from them, no parts available. My truck is now, five years old, and has 53K miles, two of these leaking egr coolers, have already been replaced under warranty. I now have a case number with fca, and have been told, my dealer will have my truck repaired somtime in early July. These updated parts were supposed to be availible to fix the 2014 and 2015 trucks.these trucks should have been taken off the road. I should not have to wait this long to have this dangerous safety issue fixed.
- Vonore, TN, USA

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
They replaced my 2016 cooler last May. I wasn't leaking, was done by the recall.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Mine on my 2015 was done this spring, at that time they were doing the older trucks first.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Sorry to hear about that man. My truck is still waiting for the recall, but it's newer and I haven't put a ton of miles on it. Had you been keeping an eye on the coolant up until that point? If so, had you noted any loss? Loss of coolant is a pre-cursor to the fail and burn. The stories I've heard and read mostly pointed toward FCA simply passing owner's off to their insurance companies and claiming zero fault on their part. I do think that since there is an active recall out there, you may be able to pursue any losses above what the insurance company paid off, but that will probably require paying an attorney and it may cost more than you get back. Certainly doesn't hurt to try without an attorney and just become the squeaky wheel for a while. I hope you'll come back and let us know what you ultimately come up with.

OP
OP
C

Cecil knauth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you it was worked on for lost fluid got some ******** story about 1800 dollar hose replacement when i approach the tec he said could not find leak but replaced 2 o rings he was let go shortly after and my money returned sounds a little fishy im in boerne tx

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you it was worked on for lost fluid got some ******** story about 1800 dollar hose replacement when i approach the tec he said could not find leak but replaced 2 o rings he was let go shortly after and my money returned sounds a little fishy im in boerne tx

I wonder if there will be a class action ala Ford's Pinto...... after someone is injured or killed.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks. Since there is a recall and you were on a waiting list to try and get the problem fixed, you may not have a hard time getting compensation for your loss. You may get compensation in the form of incentives towards a new ram. Hopefully they will find a way to take care of you properly since it benefits them too.