First Blast with the Foam Cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4979D1E7-FEE7-4FA5-A734-BB13C099456F.jpeg i bought a cheap foam cannon from Amazon. It’s the Dusichin SFL-001. Added ~2oz of Chemicals guys Mr Pink soap and the rest water.

I was kind of expecting it to not really work...I mean, it’s a $16 foam cannon and was set to full soap.

Anyways, it completely coated the truck in soap and after a few minutes, still hadn’t completely run off.

I just rinsed the suds off with the pressure washer. For five minutes of work, it cleaned pretty well just soaping and rinsing.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my foam cannon off amazon and had it for about three years now. Mine works great and never had any problems with it.

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t kick me out of here; but I hate washing vehicles. This foam cannon and pressure washer has made it much easier and faster. Plus, I think my boy will enjoy blasting the truck and Jeep with thick suds. Fun family time, lol.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
While what you are doing gets some decent results it doesn’t get your truck complete clean. If you are happy through with your results that is all that maters here.

I love having a foam cannon it has greatly speeded up cleaning a vehicle for me

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While what you are doing gets some decent results it doesn’t get your truck complete clean. If you are happy through with your results that is all that maters here.

I love having a foam cannon it has greatly speeded up cleaning a vehicle for me

Typically, I would wash with a micro-fiber mit or sponge. I wanted to test out the foam cannon just to see how/if it worked. If this darn hurricane will ever start moving up the coast, I'll give the truck a good wash.

staying_tuned

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the SudMagic one, was about $35 and had all brass fittings and feels very robust. Good stuff man. Foam cannon on a ceramic coated vehicle allows me to only hand wash once a month max and when I do hand wash them, it goes very fast.

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a real wash over the weekend. I'm sold on the foam cannon. I washed the Jeep and the Ram easily and quickly. Drying took twice as long. One note, my ancient Absorber that I dry with is pretty much crap. What is the best way to dry a vehicle?

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a real wash over the weekend. I'm sold on the foam cannon. I washed the Jeep and the Ram easily and quickly. Drying took twice as long. One note, my ancient Absorber that I dry with is pretty much crap. What is the best way to dry a vehicle?

I'm a believer that if you're touching your paint your damaging your paint. So, I use a leaf blower (electric or battery never gas (gas emits fumes that will land on your paint)). Your neighbors might look at you like you've lost your mind but it works without contacting the paint. It also does a good job of drying out the drips from mirrors and badges. Just be careful not to bounce the tip of the blower off of your paint, that kinda defeats the purpose :)

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a believer that if you're touching your paint your damaging your paint. So, I use a leaf blower (electric or battery never gas (gas emits fumes that will land on your paint)). Your neighbors might look at you like you've lost your mind but it works without contacting the paint. It also does a good job of drying out the drips from mirrors and badges. Just be careful not to bounce the tip of the blower off of your paint, that kinda defeats the purpose :)

We might still have an electric leaf blower. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Chris Kyle - Don't expect that you're going to get every last drop with the blower. Also, it is a bit unweildly (you'll understand what I mean). I usually have to go back with some QD and a clean dry micro fiber and hit the few spots that require additional attention.

I am trying to figure out how I can attach a vacuum hose to the end of my blower to create my own dryer and avoid having to lug the blower all around my truck. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears

Krein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use deionzed water. You will never need to dry it off as it will not leave any water spots. You can get small portable tanks on Amazon or call up your local Seimens Water Technology and get larger tanks.

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Chris Kyle - Don't expect that you're going to get every last drop with the blower. Also, it is a bit unweildly (you'll understand what I mean). I usually have to go back with some QD and a clean dry micro fiber and hit the few spots that require additional attention.

I am trying to figure out how I can attach a vacuum hose to the end of my blower to create my own dryer and avoid having to lug the blower all around my truck. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears

Hmm...My shop vac has a pretty large diameter hose that would probably fit inside the blower tube. Maybe cutting the blower tube down to a few inches, cutting a slot into the new short tube, inserting the shop vac hose with weather stripping around it and hose clamping around the short tube?

Rgomez1787

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I also have a foam cannon from amazon. Ive been using it for 3 years now and its still going strong. It makes cleaning my truck in the cold winter a lot faster.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Cheap baby shampoo undiluted, also use Mag’s gold class but need to dilute it a bit.

Last edited:

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I rock Mr Pink or honeydew snow foam.
I also use quite a bit more soap than most do I’m sure. I figure for the extra $.50 per wash, I get the thick shaving cream foam we all like to see. I will no longer wash my truck without the cannon and 2 bucket method. I haven’t seen a swirl mark since I did my last paint correction a few months ago.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been using Honeydew for a couple years now. I like the stuff. I am almost out and was looking around. Now every company out there has "foam cannon shampoo". Many of whom have multiple options. I have no idea what the differences are in them! Oh well I'll stick to what I know.

Also, out of laziness (its been brutally hot here in Ga) I have been using the foam "gun" (gun attaches to a hose rather than a pressure washer) lately instead of my cannon plus 2 bucket. Certainly less dense foam than the cannon but it still does the job of carrying away dirt in the suds without having to pull out the pressure washer.

festivus15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
didn't know about foam canons. this is a game changer. and i'm pretty sure the kids are going to love it. now, if i can just make sure more soap gets on the truck than the kids.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the idea of the foam gun/cannon is to spray on and rinse off. Do any of you guys use it to coat the trruck in foam then hit it with a brush or mit? Just curious.

I have. Well, I still have a bucket of suds and water. Otherwise, I feel like it isn't lubed enough to rub a mitt across my paint (I never put a brush on paint). If your doing that though, you mine as well rinse after the cannon to get rid of those dirt particles

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have. Well, I still have a bucket of suds and water. Otherwise, I feel like it isn't lubed enough to rub a mitt across my paint (I never put a brush on paint). If your doing that though, you mine as well rinse after the cannon to get rid of those dirt particles
Which almost seem redundant and a waste of time and product i suppose.