New truck, leaks & rattles, sprayed in the face with water driving down highway...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
TLDR/Summary:
Purchased dream truck, RAM 3500 Limited, H.O. Mega Cab, slapped a ceramic coat on it, and had a beautiful piece of eye candy for a few hundred miles, then came rattles, squeaks, and ultimately a leak that sprayed me in the face while driving down the highway. This same leak caused water to pool on the floor, soaked the headliner, soaked the airbags, and soaked the electronics under the dash. Took it to RAM to diagnose, turns out it's a common flaw with this cab (you know, the one that's been produced for the past 10+ years). Well, as my brand new vehicle sat for 41 days, I had the luxury of covering the note (ie interest and depreciation), while RAM let my truck sit with crash wrap on it for an issue that was not my fault. So, even though half way though this I decided that I wanted to sell my truck at the height of the market to recoup my losses, I couldn't because they had possession of it for the repair. Ultimately, they denied any reimbursement for anything relating to the claim, denied to replace or provide any additional warranty for items affected by the defect. I'm left to eat the costs of everything associated with it. And according to RAM, if the electronics fail in a year, and if I manage to rack up 36k miles by that time, so be it, sounds like it's not their problem.

Background:
After owning a 2019 Power Wagon for a while, I decided it was time to upgrade to a Cummins to support my job and have a forever truck. So, I drove several states away to pick up the exact truck I had been looking for--a 2020 3500 Limited, H.O. Mega Cab.

First stop was the detailer for a ceramic coat and PPF on the headlights. It's a black truck, beautiful when cared for, so let's keep the scratches off and delete the factory installed swirl marks. Truck looked slick as could be, and of course, then the problems begin..

Rattles:
After a few hundred miles, I heard an obnoxious squeaking sound coming from behind the back seat. I didn't think much of it, just a loose bolt, right? When I went back there, there was a large washer and nut sitting under the back seat, and every screw I could reach was already tight. At this point I realized, a bracket had broken somewhere underneath the storage area. Around the same time, the front driver side speaker began to rattle. Whether there was no music, or I cranked music up to full blast, these noises were incredibly loud and annoying. It didn't take long after that for other rattles to show face, including the vents and front grill. You can actually position the vents in a certain direction so that they don't rattle, and the rattle by the front grill is actually from the fan shroud vibrating against a cover. This truck, after a few hundred miles, sits on the rattle box scale of 8 out of 10, with a 10/10 being a Chevy for reference (kidding).

Since the truck was recently ceramic coated, I was extremely hesitant to take it to a dealership to fix these issues, and decided I would try to handle it myself. After all, I won't park it within a country mile of anyone, why would I take it to a dealership and risk the door dings if it's an easy fix? Turned out it wasn't.

Leaks:
When I finally got back home, we had a heavy rain storm blow through (first for the truck after having it in the snow and being garage kept). I open my door, and what's that, a flooded floor on the drivers side. There was a pool of water taking up the entire area under the pedals. The electronics under the dash were all wet. I cleaned up as best I could, and continued with running my errand. When I got on the highway and pressed the pedal to accelerate, I was blasted in the face with water. Completely caught off guard, I slowed down and pulled over, only to find that the A pillar was the culprit. I pulled the cap that covers the bolts, and water just falls out like a waterfall. Great, so now there's no avoiding the dealership. I kiss my ceramic coat goodbye, and I call the RAM customer care line to get the ball rolling.

Repairs:
I travel for work, so my ability to deal with warranty repairs that can't be handled same day is limited. Part of the reason for purchasing a brand new truck was (ideally) to pay a premium to avoid dealing with issues & breakdowns. Hell, it's why I bought a Cummins. It isn't uncommon for me to be sent somewhere for months on end where I'm hours away from the closest RAM dealer.

So, I take it in on a Thursday (soonest possible), June 3, and I'm scheduled to be in BFE on Monday. I was hoping this was a simple fix, like a missing gasket they might have in stock (I know, wishful thinking). Or at least something we could silicone temporarily while waiting on a part. Turns out, they needed to crash wrap the vehicle. They immediately found the leak, their two suspicions were the ambers on top of the cab or the sunroof. The sunroof was indeed the culprit, and they said it was so poorly installed that they needed to completely replace it. To top it off, I'm told it's also a COMMON ISSUE, and that due to this, they have an order limit on the parts and it will be a while before they can get mine in.

This could have caused a major wreck or worse, nobody expects to be cruising down the highway at 70mph at night and get sprayed in the face with water when they go to accelerate. So a common issue that's allowed to slip on the production line for the past 10+ years could have brought harm to my family, and that's been totally okay for the entire time this cab has been on the market?

Ultimately, I picked the vehicle up on July 14, and the dealer seems to have fixed the sunroof and back seat squeaking. But so many things have been left unresolved and up in the air.

Unresolved Damages:
The headliner, A-Pillar airbags, carpet/upholstery (including leather handle on A-Pillar), and electronics under the dash were all exposed to a serious amount of water. RAM has refused to replace any of the items mentioned. They have also refused to extend the warranty on any of these items, meaning that, since it's a diesel truck that I'll be putting plenty of miles on, it won't be long before I'm responsible for these affected parts.

The real kicker is that I troubleshoot and repair similar electronics for a living, and if there's one thing that's been drilled into me about cause of failure, it's that exposing these electronics to high humidity environments, combined with significant condensation and/or water exposure, will without a doubt cause internal corrosion on the electronics' contacts and lead to premature failure. This has been such a widespread issue in my industry that we now have dehumidifying heater units in all electrical cabinets that automatically run prior to equipment energization. This is even the case with "weather resistant" electronics. These vehicles are incredibly complex systems of computers and sensors, and a premature failure is likely outside of any middle class folk's budget.

RAM has also refused to cover lost usage of the vehicle. This includes interest accumulated on my loan during repair, depreciation during repair, additional expenses I incurred by not being able to use this vehicle for traveling/work. I had explained to them that coming from a 6-month layoff, the first few paychecks that I received completely went toward covering my losses related to the situation. I think saying that they don't care is an understatement.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sorry about your luck, sun roofs have been known to leak since they first filled a hole in a roof. I’ve always thought anyone who purchases a vehicle with one is taking a gamble. You lost this one. So does it feel better to have joined our fine organization and vented ? I hope your truck luck improves .

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
TLDR/Summary:
Purchased dream truck, RAM 3500 Limited, H.O. Mega Cab, slapped a ceramic coat on it, and had a beautiful piece of eye candy for a few hundred miles, then came rattles, squeaks, and ultimately a leak that sprayed me in the face while driving down the highway. This same leak caused water to pool on the floor, soaked the headliner, soaked the airbags, and soaked the electronics under the dash. Took it to RAM to diagnose, turns out it's a common flaw with this cab (you know, the one that's been produced for the past 10+ years). Well, as my brand new vehicle sat for 41 days, I had the luxury of covering the note (ie interest and depreciation), while RAM let my truck sit with crash wrap on it for an issue that was not my fault. So, even though half way though this I decided that I wanted to sell my truck at the height of the market to recoup my losses, I couldn't because they had possession of it for the repair. Ultimately, they denied any reimbursement for anything relating to the claim, denied to replace or provide any additional warranty for items affected by the defect. I'm left to eat the costs of everything associated with it. And according to RAM, if the electronics fail in a year, and if I manage to rack up 36k miles by that time, so be it, sounds like it's not their problem.

Background:
After owning a 2019 Power Wagon for a while, I decided it was time to upgrade to a Cummins to support my job and have a forever truck. So, I drove several states away to pick up the exact truck I had been looking for--a 2020 3500 Limited, H.O. Mega Cab.

First stop was the detailer for a ceramic coat and PPF on the headlights. It's a black truck, beautiful when cared for, so let's keep the scratches off and delete the factory installed swirl marks. Truck looked slick as could be, and of course, then the problems begin..

Rattles:
After a few hundred miles, I heard an obnoxious squeaking sound coming from behind the back seat. I didn't think much of it, just a loose bolt, right? When I went back there, there was a large washer and nut sitting under the back seat, and every screw I could reach was already tight. At this point I realized, a bracket had broken somewhere underneath the storage area. Around the same time, the front driver side speaker began to rattle. Whether there was no music, or I cranked music up to full blast, these noises were incredibly loud and annoying. It didn't take long after that for other rattles to show face, including the vents and front grill. You can actually position the vents in a certain direction so that they don't rattle, and the rattle by the front grill is actually from the fan shroud vibrating against a cover. This truck, after a few hundred miles, sits on the rattle box scale of 8 out of 10, with a 10/10 being a Chevy for reference (kidding).

Since the truck was recently ceramic coated, I was extremely hesitant to take it to a dealership to fix these issues, and decided I would try to handle it myself. After all, I won't park it within a country mile of anyone, why would I take it to a dealership and risk the door dings if it's an easy fix? Turned out it wasn't.. more on that later.

Leaks:
When I finally got back home, we had a heavy rain storm blow through (first for the truck after having it in the snow and being garage kept). I open my door, and what's that, a flooded floor on the drivers side. There was a pool of water taking up the entire area under the pedals. The electronics under the dash were all wet. I cleaned up as best I could, and continued with running my errand. When I got on the highway and pressed the pedal to accelerate, I was blasted in the face with water. Completely caught off guard, I slowed down and pulled over, only to find that the A pillar was the culprit. I pulled the cap that covers the bolts, and water just falls out like a waterfall. Great, so now there's no avoiding the dealership. I kiss my ceramic coat goodbye, and I call the RAM customer care line to get the ball rolling.

Repairs:
I travel for work, so my ability to deal with warranty repairs that can't be handled same day is limited. Part of the reason for purchasing a brand new truck was (ideally) to pay a premium to avoid dealing with issues & breakdowns. Hell, it's why I bought a Cummins. It isn't uncommon for me to be sent somewhere for months on end where I'm hours away from the closest RAM dealer.

So, I take it in on a Thursday (soonest possible), June 3, and I'm scheduled to be in BFE on Monday. I was hoping this was a simple fix, like a missing gasket they might have in stock (I know, wishful thinking). Or at least something we could silicone temporarily while waiting on a part. Turns out, they needed to crash wrap the vehicle. They immediately found the leak, their two suspicions were the ambers on top of the cab or the sunroof. The sunroof was indeed the culprit, and they said it was so poorly installed that they needed to completely replace it. To top it off, I'm told it's also a COMMON ISSUE, and that due to this, they have an order limit on the parts and it will be a while before they can get mine in.

This could have caused a major wreck or worse, nobody expects to be cruising down the highway at 70mph at night and get sprayed in the face with water when they go to accelerate. So a common issue that's allowed to slip on the production line for the past 10+ years could have brought harm to my family, and that's been totally okay for the entire time this cab has been on the market?

Ultimately, I picked the vehicle up on July 14, and the dealer seems to have fixed the sunroof and back seat squeaking. But so many things have been left unresolved and up in the air.

Unresolved Damages:
The headliner, A-Pillar airbags, carpet/upholstery (including leather handle on A-Pillar), and electronics under the dash were all exposed to a serious amount of water. RAM has refused to replace any of the items mentioned. They have also refused to extend the warranty on any of these items, meaning that, since it's a diesel truck that I'll be putting plenty of miles on, it won't be long before I'm responsible for these affected parts.

The real kicker is that I troubleshoot and repair similar electronics for a living, and if there's one thing that's been drilled into me about cause of failure, it's that exposing these electronics to high humidity environments, combined with significant condensation and/or water exposure, will without a doubt cause internal corrosion on the electronics' contacts and lead to premature failure. This has been such a widespread issue in my industry that we now have dehumidifying heater units in all electrical cabinets that automatically run prior to equipment energization. This is even the case with "weather resistant" electronics. These vehicles are incredibly complex systems of computers and sensors, and a premature failure is out of my budget.

RAM has also refused to cover lost usage of the vehicle. This includes, interest accumulated on my loan during repair, depreciation during repair, additional expenses I incurred by not being able to use this vehicle for traveling/work. I had explained to them that coming from a 6-month layoff, the first few paychecks that I received completely went toward covering my losses related to the situation. I think saying that they don't care is an understatement.

Why did you have to go several states away when you're in the best state that has the best deals on Rams? I got mine from Rockwall, best buying experience I've ever had, and friendliest team I've ever met at a dealership. I had a dirty footprint on the rear bumper and my sales lady made them detail the truck again. Sounds like you found a great deal but perhaps a wrecked one that had been "fixed."

OP
OP
B

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why did you have to go several states away when you're in the best state that has the best deals on Rams? I got mine from Rockwall, best buying experience I've ever had, and friendliest team I've ever met at a dealership. I had a dirty footprint on the rear bumper and my sales lady made them detail the truck again. Sounds like you found a great deal but perhaps a wrecked one that had been "fixed."
It didn't have any miles on it, it was brand new. The sunroof leak is common, as are the rattles. It just so happened I got the mix all at once.

Edit: Regarding going states away, the 3500 H.O. In the configuration I wanted was only available at 4-6 dealers across the country. None were in Texas. This is not a 1500, which is easier to come by.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not usually a popular move to only join and make post #1 a rant. Best of luck sorting out the issues. I’d have traded out of it already. You already know the water damage cannot be reversed.
Thanks, I understand that, but the reason for the post is simple. I wish I had known these things before purchasing. Show me one owner's review that reflects on anything I've hit on that actually has a target audience of potential buyers. Certainly none that I read or was able to find, despite actually looking. Yet here we are, and come to find out, there's plenty of posts if you search for that specific issue. If no one takes the time to write up their experience purchasing a new RAM, then plenty of people will follow suit just like I did and purchase a truck, not realizing they didn't make an informed purchase.

I focused all of my attention toward H.O. vs. S.O. (Aisin vs 68RFE) and did not think about other flaws. My Power Wagon was absolutely perfect, I had high hopes and no reason to think otherwise, and I was so focused on powertrain reliability instead of issues that weren't often discussed on forums and would ultimately impact my life. Quite frankly, there's not a single owner review that I heard or read about the truck that I purchased indicating that this became an issue, yet now that I have it, it pops up like crazy when specifically searched on the forums. I'm all about informed purchases. I hope that your truck has been nothing but amazing for you, because if it weren't for these few major issues and particularly how poorly they're being handled, I'd be telling everyone how great it is.

Bottom line too, RAM's refusal to correct any of this except the leak itself is what has me most upset. For an issue that's been common for quite some time, they didn't fix it in production, and they expect me to foot the bill for everything except the defect itself. That alone is enough to convince me it's not worth buying from FCA again. And it's something other owners should be aware of, especially someone who's on the fence about purchasing. Trucks aren't Lambos, these aren't meant to be luxury items, even the Limited trim with a sunroof should be a solid work truck. Some of us are here because we bought a heavy duty truck for heavy duty use, and may even make a living running the truck.

More than likely I'm going to keep the truck. I'm not happy about it. I'd take a new one without a sunroof if they had the decency to lemon law this one out. Don't be fooled by the post, I'm in love with the truck, but this experience needs to be known and has put a sour taste in my mouth to say the least. It's tough to stomach the fact that you love a product, and would buy one again because of how much you love it, but the people who you have to rely on to handle problems suck.

Honestly if someone meets this post with distaste, disrespect, or ridicule, they probably fall in the category of people who should be counting their blessings. Someone down the road from my house had all these problems and more with his brand new truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would refuse to own it after all that, and get one without a sunroof.
100%.

I’ve made this clear to the FCA/Stelantis rep on more than one occasion. I’ve been nothing but polite and patient with these folks. I never called them more than once or twice a week, I never sent multiple emails to provoke a response, I never became impatient or threw a fit.

They’ve lost emails, taken more than 7 days to reply in some cases, and today I got a phone call saying that they won’t be covering anything else and any expenses incurred.

At some point this goes beyond just the product and becomes about the folks who are selling it. I guess I’m not rich enough to be satisfied with this…it feels like I bought a Maserati.

I’ve made all my concerns clear since day one. The rep handling the case went from polite and happy to help, to not really caring when I explained how I felt about the way this is being handled. $90k truck and this is what you get with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's worth mentioning that we use these as work trucks at work. While random stuff is always breaking (more often than the Fords), it's usually insignificant and easy to repair on the spot. For example, a work truck's windshield wiper stopped working one day, because it became loose. It's very likely due to abuse; in the windshield wiper's case, someone probably ran it dry. One common issue I'm not too thrilled about is the seatbelts seem to get loose after being used a lot. Nonetheless, I've learned just how robust the powertrain is, and how poorly designed the small uconnect screen is; with this knowledge, I knew that buying a higher trim would pretty much alleviate any concerns that the work trucks presented while preserving its best features. I felt that I easily had the insight I needed to make an educated purchase, so of course I had a lot of confidence in this purchase. We would lease them all the way out to 40-50k miles, and they see their share of abuse. I've probably driven 10-12 different 2500s (Big Horns), and only one had warranty issues that the rental agency covered by swapping the truck.

To this day, when given the option, I won't take the Fords that we're offered if the RAM is an option. The 2500 is still my go to. And the Cummins and Hemi are both amazing engines, in my opinion with very different purposes. The trucks are amazing if you're fortunate enough to not have an issue, so this post really isn't meant to bash the product.

The ethics of FCAs customer service model is concerning. Or maybe it's just the individuals who dealt with my case, but they seemed fairly nice and concerned for a while, until they stopped communicating and ultimately had to break the bad news about not assisting any further, then it was just blunt. Mind you I never lost my temper or became impatient with these folks. That's really the purpose of this post. I don't know what it would accomplish other than warning future buyers. But honestly, what would you do different if your brand new $90k truck blasted you in the face with water while driving down the highway, then they take your truck for 6 weeks with nothing in return, not even an offer for a comparable loaner? What if I pulled heavy trailers for a living, had to cancel contracts, get bad rep, and lose income for 6 weeks. What would you do, DoorDash in a loaner for 6 weeks? Lol. Hell, I'll take any advice I can get. I just want to be happy with this purchase, like I was when I was driving it home. I had no reason to have buyers remorse until I opened my truck door one night to a brand new swimming pool from Wish.

I suppose I've got plenty I could contribute to this forum, but honestly just haven't had the time. I could have, should have, and may eventually write up a post with some pictures about taking my Power Wagon through the Alpine Loop in Colorado. I'd give that truck a stellar review. But the reality is, the same company backs the product, and that had I experienced an issue with it, the end result would likely be no different. So, this is my contribution while I'm laid off from work, and while I have the time to contribute; I'm informing people of the most critical pre-purchase info they can ever get their hands on before making a serious financial decision/commitment: How the manufacturer backs their product, and how they may be affected by a common yet neglected issue from the assembly line. You want a post about a mod to save money, or a mod to fix a sunroof leak, here you go, it's the simplest, easiest, and cheapest mod you can ever do, and I guarantee you it'll be your favorite: research a product, research the manufacturer, and learn from someone else's experience. Save the modding for the fun stuff that helps you enjoy your vehicle more, not fixing the manufacturer's negligence.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sucks you had to have all this crap happen on a basically brand new truck. No matter what the cost of the vehicle is you want it to be right especially since you're spending your hard earned money on it. I totally agree with you as all the electronics got wet but because they are still currently working they will not cover replacements. This day and age manufacturer's will try everything they can to do the basic repairs as cost efficient as they can or to get out of making those repairs altogether. Im on a few Harley Davidson forums and they are just as bad, telling someone they wont cover a repair because the guy didn't use a certain "Harley Davidson fluid". Anyone here, if faced with the same situation(s) as you would be upset or concerned about it too. Good luck with the truck

OP
OP
B

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It sucks you had to have all this crap happen on a basically brand new truck. No matter what the cost of the vehicle is you want it to be right especially since you're spending your hard earned money on it. I totally agree with you as all the electronics got wet but because they are still currently working they will not cover replacements. This day and age manufacturer's will try everything they can to do the basic repairs as cost efficient as they can or to get out of making those repairs altogether. Im on a few Harley Davidson forums and they are just as bad, telling someone they wont cover a repair because the guy didn't use a certain "Harley Davidson fluid". Anyone here, if faced with the same situation(s) as you would be upset or concerned about it too. Good luck with the truck
Thanks man, nice truck! I agree price doesn't matter. I don't mean to announce the price to sound like I'm too good to have problems, it's more of the wow factor to me since I decided to splurge and spent way more than I ever thought I'd spend on a truck.

Last edited:

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I would think the dealer would have replaced all interior trim and headliner items that was in contact with water, especially the carpet and underpadding. Or at least removed it so everything can dry out. You have options, call Ram Cares and see if they will assist in a resolution. I doubt you'll recover any losses as a result of issue, e.g. personal time or financial. Seems they should have at least given you a loaner while dealer had the truck in for warranty work. File a complaint with your state's attorney's general office consumer affairs, or whoever in your state handles that agency, against the dealer. May not help, but will at least get someone's attention and how they're going to resolve the issue. Other legal avenues as well, but now your getting into realm of money coming out of your pocket and the judgement outcome may not be in your favor. It always a gamble going up against a corporation with presumably unlimited litigation resources. You state's lemon law, if applicable, but time may have passed on that one. These provisions are not consumer friendly because of the short periods of time and limitations of what's actually subject to the law.

Sell it. The used vehicle market is crazy and you may be able to get what you owe on it plus some. However, getting another truck equipped with what you need/want may be impossible for short term. Good luck with a favorable resolution.

OP
OP
B

berguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You have options, call Ram Cares and see if they will assist in a resolution. I doubt you'll recover any losses as a result of issue, e.g. personal time or financial. Seems they should have at least given you a loaner while dealer had the truck in for warranty work.
Thanks for the suggestions, a few here I have not tried. RAM Cares was contacted, or at least I believe that was who my case manager was with.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sell the truck, it's obviously causing you distress and you are going to hate it as long as you own it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Heck of a first post.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's worth mentioning that we use these as work trucks at work. While random stuff is always breaking (more often than the Fords), it's usually insignificant and easy to repair on the spot. For example, a work truck's windshield wiper stopped working one day, because it became loose. It's very likely due to abuse; in the windshield wiper's case, someone probably ran it dry. One common issue I'm not too thrilled about is the seatbelts seem to get loose after being used a lot. Nonetheless, I've learned just how robust the powertrain is, and how poorly designed the small uconnect screen is; with this knowledge, I knew that buying a higher trim would pretty much alleviate any concerns that the work trucks presented while preserving its best features. I felt that I easily had the insight I needed to make an educated purchase, so of course I had a lot of confidence in this purchase. We would lease them all the way out to 40-50k miles, and they see their share of abuse. I've probably driven 10-12 different 2500s (Big Horns), and only one had warranty issues that the rental agency covered by swapping the truck.

To this day, when given the option, I won't take the Fords that we're offered if the RAM is an option. The 2500 is still my go to. And the Cummins and Hemi are both amazing engines, in my opinion with very different purposes. The trucks are amazing if you're fortunate enough to not have an issue, so this post really isn't meant to bash the product.

The ethics of FCAs customer service model is concerning. Or maybe it's just the individuals who dealt with my case, but they seemed fairly nice and concerned for a while, until they stopped communicating and ultimately had to break the bad news about not assisting any further, then it was just blunt. Mind you I never lost my temper or became impatient with these folks. That's really the purpose of this post. I don't know what it would accomplish other than warning future buyers. But honestly, what would you do different if your brand new $90k truck blasted you in the face with water while driving down the highway, then they take your truck for 6 weeks with nothing in return, not even an offer for a comparable loaner? What if I pulled heavy trailers for a living, had to cancel contracts, get bad rep, and lose income for 6 weeks. What would you do, DoorDash in a loaner for 6 weeks? Lol. Hell, I'll take any advice I can get. I just want to be happy with this purchase, like I was when I was driving it home. I had no reason to have buyers remorse until I opened my truck door one night to a brand new swimming pool from Wish.

I suppose I've got plenty I could contribute to this forum, but honestly just haven't had the time. I could have, should have, and may eventually write up a post with some pictures about taking my Power Wagon through the Alpine Loop in Colorado. I'd give that truck a stellar review. But the reality is, the same company backs the product, and that had I experienced an issue with it, the end result would likely be no different. So, this is my contribution while I'm laid off from work, and while I have the time to contribute; I'm informing people of the most critical pre-purchase info they can ever get their hands on before making a serious financial decision/commitment: How the manufacturer backs their product, and how they may be affected by a common yet neglected issue from the assembly line. You want a post about a mod to save money, or a mod to fix a sunroof leak, here you go, it's the simplest, easiest, and cheapest mod you can ever do, and I guarantee you it'll be your favorite: research a product, research the manufacturer, and learn from someone else's experience. Save the modding for the fun stuff that helps you enjoy your vehicle more, not fixing the manufacturer's negligence.
OMFG, makes me happy my lil 2019 Bighorn only real problem is lousy AC. U definitely are more than connected, get a lawyer on it and start the Lemon process, because I believe you are gonna have more big issues with the truck, but just my Opinion. MY dealer has been blowing up my phone, email, trying to buy my soon to be 3 year old truck. They tried to sell me a 21 Limited with 2 wheel drive/and friggin sunroof. I had to tell him multiple times: I need 4 X 4 and I will NEVA buy a vehicle with a sunroof, they just by design leak a lot (they tried to push all the bling on me to buy the truck, which is also used, I got a Bighorn, not need Bling). I wish U luck on all this and BOY, would I have my Lawyer, (if I had one), on Speed dial, just my thoughts, IMHO.....

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
It didn't have any miles on it, it was brand new. The sunroof leak is common, as are the rattles. It just so happened I got the mix all at once.

Edit: Regarding going states away, the 3500 H.O. In the configuration I wanted was only available at 4-6 dealers across the country. None were in Texas. This is not a 1500, which is easier to come by.

What I meant about it being previously wrecked and fixed is that the delivery truck it was on could have been in an accident and you bought a truck that was repaired. I don't know why you're having so many issues, I'm throwing some ideas out there.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
I got a 2021 3500 with ** Cummins. Only issue I really had was a loose body mount bolt. Thanks for your post, as it reaffirms that I am blessed. I hope your life brings blessings in other areas, but it sounds like this truck ...ain't it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow what a headache. I’m not sure what dealership in DFW you used, but my wife’s Pacifica 19 with 12k miles left me stranded. Wouldn’t start and looked like a light show. I called Chrysler care, got a hold of a nice lady. Explained what it was doing and that I was in a car wash and in forward. They send out the first tow truck can’t get it because it’s not the right one. Tow truck driver let’s Chrysler care know. Ive been waiting for 2 hours at this point. I had to be in Rockwall in 2 hours so the car wash people were nice and said no problem leave it. So our preferred dealership was 5 miles out of the tow range. I had to deal with automation. I call and let them know what’s going on and they immediately start the blame game. I must have taken it out in the February ice storm and screwed something up. It sat in the garage the entire time. My ram was the only thing to leave. I ask about a rental. They don’t offer them, but they could arrange for me to use a rental car service on my dime. I was hot at this point. I called Chrysler care back and vented my frustrations. She apologized and said if there something she could do she would do, but was out of her hands. I then have to leave my wife with the ram and jump in my Charger to go to Rockwall. I get about 15 minutes in and I get a call from Chrysler care. I figured it to inform me that they had it in route to the dealership. No it was a supervisor apologizing and letting me know they are waving the 5 miles and taking it to our dealership. Granted no rent care, but it was resolved within 48 hours.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Wow what a headache. I’m not sure what dealership in DFW you used, but my wife’s Pacifica 19 with 12k miles left me stranded. Wouldn’t start and looked like a light show. I called Chrysler care, got a hold of a nice lady. Explained what it was doing and that I was in a car wash and in forward. They send out the first tow truck can’t get it because it’s not the right one. Tow truck driver let’s Chrysler care know. Ive been waiting for 2 hours at this point. I had to be in Rockwall in 2 hours so the car wash people were nice and said no problem leave it. So our preferred dealership was 5 miles out of the tow range. I had to deal with automation. I call and let them know what’s going on and they immediately start the blame game. I must have taken it out in the February ice storm and screwed something up. It sat in the garage the entire time. My ram was the only thing to leave. I ask about a rental. They don’t offer them, but they could arrange for me to use a rental car service on my dime. I was hot at this point. I called Chrysler care back and vented my frustrations. She apologized and said if there something she could do she would do, but was out of her hands. I then have to leave my wife with the ram and jump in my Charger to go to Rockwall. I get about 15 minutes in and I get a call from Chrysler care. I figured it to inform me that they had it in route to the dealership. No it was a supervisor apologizing and letting me know they are waving the 5 miles and taking it to our dealership. Granted no rent care, but it was resolved within 48 hours.

You bought it from Rockwall? That's who I went to. Drove 3 hours west to buy from them. Best dealership I've ever been to.

Sorry for the off-topic response. Small world though. I'll see myself out now.