First Mod of Spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
upload_2021-3-23_19-16-58.png

AlphaRex Luxx 5th Gen Style, to replace the OEM Projectors and match the 5th Gen Tail lights of last years Mod

upload_2021-3-23_19-20-1.png

However despite the post about Plug n play mostly true except DRL seems to need the included extra harness as it didn't come on as normal (Drive/Reverse)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! I like the way they look.

FF1115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So they were not plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
48PowerWagon

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So PnP to me means that functionality of OEM (in this case OEM Projectors) is retained when replacing with after market (added features is always a plus) My DRL was a factory setting that came on super bright Turns when the Drive or Reverse was selected, that's not the case with these, the solution AREX has is a separate DRL "Module" that you add to the wiring that enables DRL at ignition "on"

All so I'm getting B162A and B162E and Lights Drop out despite alfaODB enabled LED on Low and High Beam and disabling Bi-Xeon and HID

Oh and another annoyance, the General blogging of general install methods with pictures and general guides is fine but how about a wiring diagram especially since I had to purchase a separate harness just because I had Factory Projectors, don't get me wrong, these are great products, well made and quality work and I'm not at all regretting my purchase it's just the little things guess I'm OCD that way

Last edited:

FF1115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So, I don’t care about DRL, can I unplug my factory projectors and plug these in? I do not have a way to program or have the knowledge base. I just want to be done with the factory headlamps.

OP
OP
48PowerWagon

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, I don’t care about DRL, can I unplug my factory projectors and plug these in? I do not have a way to program or have the knowledge base. I just want to be done with the factory headlamps.

You could use 6 ohm resistors on the low beam and likely have no issues = run the resistor between the light input lead and ground

OP
OP
48PowerWagon

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All so I'm getting B162A and B162E and Lights Drop out despite alfaODB enabled LED on Low and High Beam and disabling Bi-Xeon and HID

Figured out the Issue - Voltage was @14v Raised it to 14.6 works fine no more Drop Outs (Tried 14.4v and worked to but went with 14.6v)

Now to Fix the DRL Harness stuff

Last edited:
OP
OP
48PowerWagon

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks surprisingly Awesome! I can just image the "behind the Grill" cleaning routine you'll need to keep - I should do that on my Maggie
Actually, no more than I already do.
I always clean inside my hood and front when I wash it, I also take a soft bristled copper wire brush and "comb" any bugs or debris in my condenser fins very gently as not to bend any.
Then I detail the inside all over.
Mine's not a daily drive either, so it stays pretty clean anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357