First post, 2018 Ram 1500 2wd lifted 4"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Influencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently bought a new truck and needed/wanted to put a small lift on it. I went with the rough country 4" lift. I know there are mixed reviews with RC, time will tell if I have any issues.

The lift went smoothly, I was by myself and only have hard carolina clay to work on so it took some time, a little less than 8 hours. Part of the problem was over time and people coming by to "borrow" tools I was missing some wrenches and sockets so I had to rinse off and run to the store a couple times.

So far loving the truck. Only issue I'm noticing so far is with the RC kit the rear spacers have a plate that goes on top so to put in airlift 1000s I'll have to drill through them, hopefully they don't rotate, cutting the line over time. Also means I'll have to pull the rear springs again to get access to drill the hole.

I'm a horrible forum member and don't have a picture of the truck from the side before lift. Only angled.

Before: 35c9fafd740caaa8296f7da8fd6ffd10.jpg

After:
7c46fb7edb72c2a73368c592767c075f.jpg

Side view after (cooler/seat made it in too):
6e1775ccbd0a0eaa1cc5601aa38ed1d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Influencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to run these for a while, I know it looks a bit like rollerblades but there are a few other things on the list before tires. I'm eyeing a few different tires and if a good deal pops up I'll probably pull the trigger earlier rather than later.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice....really like the look of a 4" lift. Maybe one day..

OP
OP
I

Influencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice....really like the look of a 4" lift. Maybe one day..
Yeah I just cant get use to a stock height truck. Growing up my dads truck had a small lift and I guess I just got use to it and it feels normal.

My truck is the harvest edition which was suppose to come factory with a 1" higher ride height. Not sure if that was achieved through taller springs or what. So I don't know if I ended up with a 5" lift over stock or 4"

mikesram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice Harvest truck! Same one I have except mine is white. Nice job lifting it too!

OP
OP
I

Influencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. I like the harvest package. Nothing crazy but a few nice options I probably wouldn't have paid for after the fact. Like the bumper step, never would have bought one myself but now that I have it, I like it.

I go back and forth on the black. I love how it looks, but jeez it's a lot of upkeep to keep the paint looking good.

That's a nice looking truck! Makes me jealous the deal you got on it, especially with the leather upgrade!

OP
OP
I

Influencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don’t you have to extend the brake lines on the 2wd?
Yes and no. They instructed to straighten the bend out on the hard line, gains you a couple inches for the bracket relocation.

I would have preferred to just extend it but it was a very minor bend to straighten

Joven Baker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new to the forum. I have a 2015 ram 1500 2wd. I am also looking at this kit. I know RC has mixed reviews. How is the ride quality?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I am new to the forum. I have a 2015 ram 1500 2wd. I am also looking at this kit. I know RC has mixed reviews. How is the ride quality?
also check out Maxtrac Suspension, vendor on here, and I have had 2 of their kits, LOVE their stuff.

below is my 2019 2WD

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Lookin' good, nice job.