First Responder / Emergency Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowerWagon18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Looking for suggestions on getting my '18 PW fitted with discrete/stealth lighting for firefighter response. I hear Code3 is a good brand to go with, but I would like some options. And pics if anyone has some. Basically, I want my truck to look normal in off duty hours; no visible light bars. Thanks.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Check Whelen too. Lots of good "stealth" type light bars that mount tight up to the inside upper part of the windshield.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Check Galls, they usually have some decent deals.

Last edited:

FF1115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sirennet, strobesnmore, and Feneix. Get the Whelen InnerEdge bar for the from windshield. The brackets are rock solid. A SpeedTurtle will plug right in to the data port and flash all factory lights with 10 or so patterns. You can program it via usb to cut lights on or off with running and park modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FF1115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’ll get a video of my inneredge today. It’s very bright and a very clean install.

OP
OP
PowerWagon18

PowerWagon18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I’ll get a video of my inneredge today. It’s very bright and a very clean install.

That would be extremely helpful, thank you.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m sure this goes without saying, but make sure you check your local laws.

Back when I was a firefighter/first responder, there were strict rules about what lights we could have. For fire calls, we were only allowed to have one blue light on the roof( had to be visible from 360 degrees), and no more than two blue strobes on the front bumper. Anything behind the grill, in the headlights, or on the dash was not allowed.
For first responder calls, we were allowed one amber strobe (again, visible from 360degrees) on the roof.

Granted, this was 20+ years ago, but I’d hate for anyone to spend $$$ on lights, only to get ticketed/told to remove them.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Extremetacticaldynamics.com great prices and have been using them for probably 10 years now

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
I just got a speedturtle for my truck and since it was a 2018 I got the security harness from m2. Uses all the stock lights.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Several of the guys in my house like speedtech. I had a bar from them mounted internally across the rear of my F150 Super Crew. My new 2019 1500 Classic quad cab's rear head rest are too tall for it so I went external with a magnet mount I bought off Amazon for around $120. I had to make some mods to its wiring but I like it. I also purchased some LEDS (4 per pod - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FQF59BW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and mounted them in the grill. If the 2018 is like the 2019 classic (which it is my understanding they are the same), you can mount a pod running up and down in the middle of each lower quadrant of the grill. There is a plastic air deflector that clips to the grill surround, however the clips look to be one time use only so I drilled in carefully from the front thru the openings to make an access hole for the wire as well as pre-drill for screws in order to hand screw in the mounting screws. It looks really clean and unless you are looking for them they do not tend to stand out.
I also found this mirco switch controller to run my lights with:
https://www.strobesnmore.com/Able-2-Micro-Switch-onoff-Swich-with-Momentary-Button.html
And this is the magnet light bar:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BNX9JY4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
note the factory setup only provides about 18in of wire from the light to the connector and the connector is not weather proof. The connector clips in to about 8 ft or wire to a cigarette lighter plug switch combo. Initially, I ended up soldering in additional wire as I purchased the extension kit from them. In the end I hard wired it down the back of the window and along the frame to the engine bay and connected it and the grill lights to the controller. I did pick up a weather pack plug kit and built a weather protected connector that I can unplug at the back window in order to be able to take the bar off the truck for car washes etc.
I'll try to get a pick an post it. I think it's a clean setup, and I like it better then having lights in the cab as I do not have to deal with the light splashback you get of the windows when you mount inside.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is also a setting to turn on with AlfaOBD that is for emergency vehicles. Maybe see what OEM options are there for controlling lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Several of the guys in my house like speedtech. I had a bar from them mounted internally across the rear of my F150 Super Crew. My new 2019 1500 Classic quad cab's rear head rest are too tall for it so I went external with a magnet mount I bought off Amazon for around $120. I had to make some mods to its wiring but I like it. I also purchased some LEDS (4 per pod - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FQF59BW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and mounted them in the grill. If the 2018 is like the 2019 classic (which it is my understanding they are the same), you can mount a pod running up and down in the middle of each lower quadrant of the grill. There is a plastic air deflector that clips to the grill surround, however the clips look to be one time use only so I drilled in carefully from the front thru the openings to make an access hole for the wire as well as pre-drill for screws in order to hand screw in the mounting screws. It looks really clean and unless you are looking for them they do not tend to stand out.
I also found this mirco switch controller to run my lights with:
https://www.strobesnmore.com/Able-2-Micro-Switch-onoff-Swich-with-Momentary-Button.html
And this is the magnet light bar:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BNX9JY4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
note the factory setup only provides about 18in of wire from the light to the connector and the connector is not weather proof. The connector clips in to about 8 ft or wire to a cigarette lighter plug switch combo. Initially, I ended up soldering in additional wire as I purchased the extension kit from them. In the end I hard wired it down the back of the window and along the frame to the engine bay and connected it and the grill lights to the controller. I did pick up a weather pack plug kit and built a weather protected connector that I can unplug at the back window in order to be able to take the bar off the truck for car washes etc.
I'll try to get a pick an post it. I think it's a clean setup, and I like it better then having lights in the cab as I do not have to deal with the light splashback you get of the windows when you mount inside.
Pix?

FF1115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The video is with the sun shining almost directly at the camera. The lights are extremely bright at night and even seem brighter at a distance (i.e. approaching car). The interior bars have no flashback. There is a rubber gasket that seals tight. I’ll get a night shot later. 529dd861ef68c83c7b99346a6dc86163.jpg https://share.icloud.com/photos/0kxz0H4hfQ9y9r1ti3fq7468w

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For whatever reason neither photo caught the driver's side grill light when lit, but you can see particularly in the straight on shot. Like I stated earlier the top light was about $120 and the grill lights were $20 all from Amazon.
I would like to get some input on whether or not I should add any graphics to the truck? I have looked at a lot, and I am not a big fan of the racing strip, but have thought of a hood application along with rear fenders (Strobe graphic) but I am not sure. Or should I just leave her pure white??? And if you think I should add a graphic what color, matte black or a colored one (I'm partial to blue)
As requestedIMG_1158.JPG IMG_1159.JPG

Last edited:

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any pix particularly of the mounting. Currently I have no lights because I am sick of them in the window and dont want them seen on the outside

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The roof one is simply a magnet mount (4 magnetic feet). The grill are simple screw in one where cable comes out the back. I did not take pics while installing them and do not want to take grill off again. I'll try to get a close up of the mounting, but the are mounted to the plastic air deflector that is mounted on the back of the grill, i.e. it's part of the grill.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a nice setup on my truck that's pretty easy to miss unless you're too close to the truck to be just passing by. I'm required to have an omnidirectional light on my roof that has a 360 degree unobstructed view. With all the other stuff on the truck, it just looks like a construction truck even with the mini light bar. I'll drop a link to my build thread that has all my specs and you can feel free to PM me with any questions.

Edit : link to build thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=142826&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check Whelen too. Lots of good "stealth" type light bars that mount tight up to the inside upper part of the windshield.

This brand is the real Mcoye WHELEN

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat