First Time Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firehawk54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning all!

I recently purchased my dad's 2013 Ram 1500 Express Mega Cab. Dad didn't drive it much and I tried to buy it from him over the past few years. He didn't want to sell it for fear that he would be admitting his health was failing. Having a truck was a "right of passage" for him.

He would let me borrow it any time I needed to, same with my brother (who owns dad's original 1998 Dodge Ram 1500). We used it to run errands around his place etc. Well dad passed away a couple of months ago and mom wanted to make sure that I was the ONLY one who got to buy that truck. So...I now own a 2013 Ram 1500 with (7500 miles when I bought it in August) now 10,400 miles on it.

Just put some new rubber on it to make it look a little more like a truck as the Goodyear Wrangler SRAs didn't help in that regard. Installed some nice Rugged Country weatherproof mats front and back and have been driving it every day. Has chrome rails on the bed and chrome running bars which might look a little "old" for a 48 year old, but that is the way dad wanted it to look and I am fine with it. Even if I do look a little "old" with it.

Anyway, avid hunter, archer, mountain biker and overall family man (4 kids ranging from 14-20 and wife of 25 years) here in Northern Utah. Love my new truck and very glad to have the memories of an amazing dad while driving it. That is me in a nutshell.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your father, but glad you got the truck and the memories that go along with it. Enjoy making new memories with the truck and your family!

You should post a pic or two of the truck...

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:welcome: Sorry for your loss, may you make many good memories with your dads truck, he will be with you.IMG_0810.JPG

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily!!
Sorry your dad is no longer with you, accept EVERY time you drive that truck he WILL be there. Enjoy the memories, make new ones with your family !

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L
Good morning all!

I recently purchased my dad's 2013 Ram 1500 Express Mega Cab. Dad didn't drive it much and I tried to buy it from him over the past few years. He didn't want to sell it for fear that he would be admitting his health was failing. Having a truck was a "right of passage" for him.

He would let me borrow it any time I needed to, same with my brother (who owns dad's original 1998 Dodge Ram 1500). We used it to run errands around his place etc. Well dad passed away a couple of months ago and mom wanted to make sure that I was the ONLY one who got to buy that truck. So...I now own a 2013 Ram 1500 with (7500 miles when I bought it in August) now 10,400 miles on it.

Just put some new rubber on it to make it look a little more like a truck as the Goodyear Wrangler SRAs didn't help in that regard. Installed some nice Rugged Country weatherproof mats front and back and have been driving it every day. Has chrome rails on the bed and chrome running bars which might look a little "old" for a 48 year old, but that is the way dad wanted it to look and I am fine with it. Even if I do look a little "old" with it.

Anyway, avid hunter, archer, mountain biker and overall family man (4 kids ranging from 14-20 and wife of 25 years) here in Northern Utah. Love my new truck and very glad to have the memories of an amazing dad while driving it. That is me in a nutshell.

Welcome to Ram Forum! That is a really nice truck. It sounds like you had a great Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome, sorry about your dad

OP
OP
Firehawk54

Firehawk54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here are a couple of photos of my "new" 2013 truck. Love keeping it clean and polishing it up. Glad the Nittos make it look more like a truck too. IMG_4997_LI.jpg IMG_5002_LI.jpg

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. Nice rig brother.

Your dad would have been happy that you have it now.

My condolences.