Flowmaster 50HD Install today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I am anxiously awaiting to get the call saying my truck is ready! I went with the flowmaster 50HD and resenator delete. I will update everyone when I get it. Total cost was $325. Not to shabby and its welded in so I like that.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats and welds FTW!

TXCOMT

bmhenry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please do report how it is. I have the mufflex kit on mine and have wondered how the 50 series would sound. Look forward to hearing back from you on this!

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Guys it's perfect sounds like it should. Not to loud just perfect. Really good deep rumble but not going to sett off alarms. Good medium level sound. Good for hunting in my opinion.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just fyi I am a medically retired army vet and the guy who owns the shop is also army. He gave me a $75 discount he said normally it would be $400ish

Sound is not terribly loud. I heard the delete and it was way to loud. Slight drone at 1800rpm but definitely not bad. Cabin noise is not loud unless you want to open it up. I am happy

Last edited:

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You might try and drive in manual mode and see if it gets any more quiet for the drone. Glad you found a Winner!

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I love my 50 series, but I do have the tailpipe still installed. I removed the muffler as an assembly, and fabricated/bent new piping to match the factory muffler dimensions. I like how there is no drone and idles and sounds great under acceleration.

I'm happy that you're happy with the setup!

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my 50 series, but I do have the tailpipe still installed. I removed the muffler as an assembly, and fabricated/bent new piping to match the factory muffler dimensions. I like how there is no drone and idles and sounds great under acceleration.

I'm happy that you're happy with the setup!
So you still have your resonator?

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
For more of an update after driving 75 miles I still like it nice growl on cold start not to noisy in cab. Opens it up, could be a fluke but I am getting .75mpg better. Could of just been less throttle, not sure yet.

No issues with it dropping into 4 cylinder no real drone just sounds good

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought my flowmaster 50 hd for $180 on ebay and i just had installed for $60 at my muffler shop. And you are right it does sound better than my mufflex muffler delete. I am resonator deleted also. Maybe the prices up north are higher i dunno. No discount needed.

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my flowmaster 50 hd for $180 on ebay and i just had installed for $60 at my muffler shop. And you are right it does sound better than my mufflex muffler delete. I am resonator deleted also. Maybe the prices up north are higher i dunno. No discount needed.
Which exact muffler did you get? Size, offset etc