Fog Lights and Hi beams not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lyndseynelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I found this site looking for possible answers to a problem I'm having, hoping to find some help.
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7 we just bought, and didnt realize the hi beams and fog lights werent working.
When I push forward on the lever, nothing happens. Hi beams dont come on and the light doesnt show on the dash. I have tried with and without the fog lights on, as that was the solution to another post here I found. When I pull back to flash them, they do work.
The fog light button works and shows that they are on on the dash, but physically do not come on. Reading 5 volts at the plug. I have checked the physical bulbs on a battery and they do work.

Ive looked for wiring diagrams online to chase the problem, but I cant find any.
Has anyone had this problem? Dont know if they are even related but I assumed since brights dont usually work with fogs on.

Thanks in advance.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are these regular halogen bulbs or are they LEDs? These trucks don't like some LEDs. Check the high and fog lights with the ignition on but without the engine running?
Some trucks have the auto-high beams, there's a setting in the radio to disable that option.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If bought from a dealer and came with used vehicle warranty, I'd use it. The headlamp circuit is complicated and all the hack tricks won't fix the issue. Between the turn signal stalk, BCM, and TIPM, something is wrong, e.g. short, short to ground, etc. Fogs generally turn off when high beams are on. If they are on with high beams, then previous owner could have used an aftermarket device (Procal, Tazer, AlphaOBD) to set the fogs on with hi-beams. I would get AlphaOBD app with recommended interface, scan for trouble codes, and go from there. I am no help on this electrical issue.

Failed to mention the light switch itself. Could be bad, but that's throwing parts at until it stars working again.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AlphaOBD can tell the computer modules to turn on/off each individual light. That way you can narrow it down to control module or switch issues.

Given that the headlight flash works I'd venture the control modules are fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf