Fog lights on a Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djcwardog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I bought a new truck and I will be doing this same mod once again! So, I'd be glad to have the add-on harness you make rather than cut (once again) the 16-pin plug off of the factory harness that is on its way to me. Let me know?
I think i have a line on the 16 pin 2500 Connectors. Trying to get an ETA so I can test /make sure they are correct. Currently having to mod the bumper harness with the 4pin style 4th gen connector setup, switch well but limits future upgrades via a factory correct connector.

PS: I'm fairly sure the 5th gen 2500's can use the same LED Foglight assys and possibly bucket mounts as the 1500 DT's but haven't had a chance to confirm it via VIN etc. They use the same H11 lamp connectors but you have to swap the pins at the lamp connector ... cause FCA can't think ahead??

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looking for a headlamp switch with the fog light button I noticed part 68156061AD has two dimmer wheels on the right while my 2021 truck only came with one (instrument dimmer only). Has anyone installed this switch on a truck originally equipped with only one dimmer and does it work?

I gave Benny the VIN of a few trucks that come with fog lights and a one-dimmer switch and he said it's not showing a part.

e41594acce277e79ffb3511e4b005f40.jpg

e8adb817eac740dcbd2a94da8a518e01.jpg

Last edited:

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, I didn’t even notice the difference but mine from the truck only had one also and the one I purchased had two. After the install, I didn’t see any changes when I scrolled up and down or maybe I just didn’t notice it.

djcwardog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That wheel on the left will likely adjust your “mood lighting” (“if equipped”) or whatever they call the pinpoint light sources in your door panels, at your feet, etc. Doubt that our Tradesman trim levels are so equipped though. My last Scat Pack Challenger was, however.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Took me a while. But I noticed that the other wheel would turn my little night light up or down. The little "console light" from the overhead.

Not sure about you guys with full consoles. This light is quite functional in my Prius with console. But in the truck hell I don't notice any extra visibility on my fold up or floor console area. Too dim I suppose.

But yeah. That's what it's for in mine.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Looking for a headlamp switch with the fog light button I noticed part 68156061AD has two dimmer wheels on the right while my 2021 truck only came with one (instrument dimmer only). Has anyone installed this switch on a truck originally equipped with only one dimmer and does it work?

I gave Benny the VIN of a few trucks that come with fog lights and a one-dimmer switch and he said it's not showing a part.

If you find the single dimmer knob version let me know and I will add it to the new thread.

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

This is what I’m seeing:
The switch with both dimmer wheels and fogs is part number 68156061AD. It is described on moparpartsgiant as supporting these sales codes-
LNJ or LNV- halogen or LED fogs
LBT- cup holder lamp (this is what the dimmer wheel on the left controls)
LPE or LPD- cargo lamps or CHMSL cargo lamp

Part number 68373903AB is described as supporting these sales codes-
There is no LBT cup holder lamp sales code attached to this part number.

If your truck came with a single dimmer wheel, and you install the one with both dimmer wheels, it will still work. You would use AlfaOBD to set VehConfig 5 Ambient Lighting Present to YES (if it isn’t already), and the added dimmer wheel will work to dim the overhead cup holder light.

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is what I’m seeing:
The switch with both dimmer wheels and fogs is part number 68156061AD. It is described on moparpartsgiant as supporting these sales codes-
LBT- cup holder lamp (this is what the dimmer wheel on the left controls)

Part number 68373903AB is described as supporting these sales codes-
There is no LBT cup holder lamp sales code attached to this part number.

If your truck came with a single dimmer wheel, and you install the one with both dimmer wheels, it will still work. You would use AlfaOBD to set VehConfig 5 Ambient Lighting Present to YES (if it isn’t already), and the added dimmer wheel will work to dim the overhead cup holder light.

P1070227.jpg
Installed part 68373903AB today. It has extra stops at both ends of the instrument dimmer, which is different than what comes on Bighorn or Power Wagon, those have dimmers same as the one I replaced. It works but the topmost setting is close to the dimmest (seems about the same as the bottom-most setting) whereas the second stop from top is the brightest which is a little weird. I've never seen actual applications of this switch in my research. I wonder what trim this switch was meant for.

acf99fa4f16813f8778f5aa73fbcfd43_1.jpg
This is what I had been looking for. Crazy how there are so many versions of switches.

Rory Kulmala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shout out to Mpgrimm2 for some great help. Although he wasn't able to help with some pigtails for the new fog lights I plan to install on my DT (logistics and costs didn't make sense for me up in Canada) but he did connect me with a guy here in Canada who was able to help. So great to have a forum like this!

dhandley_01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey Jimmy, you by any chance have lower grill part# with tow hook cutouts?
I need this part number as well. Can someone email me that as well as a link for the chrome tow hooks. I’m new to this forum and just bought my 2021 tradesman yesterday and know nothing. I’d really like to install the long rectangular fog lights and not the round ones as shown in the silver one above. Can someone help me and walk me through exactly what and who I need to purchase them and the harness from? Thanks folks.

copcarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello all!

I’m about to install the hardware on my ‘21 3500 in the morning. I have the 68377331AD 16-pin harness, I read through all the pages and couldn’t find the routing of the harness. Does it go along the top of the bumper, or down by the tow hooks, etc. I see it has many “Christmas Tree” push pin retainers installed on it already. I know it’s not rocket science but the less time I spend on the hardware the more I can spend on wiring.

Thanks!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hello all!

I’m about to install the hardware on my ‘21 3500 in the morning. I have the 68377331AD 16-pin harness, I read through all the pages and couldn’t find the routing of the harness. Does it go along the top of the bumper, or down by the tow hooks, etc. I see it has many “Christmas Tree” push pin retainers installed on it already. I know it’s not rocket science but the less time I spend on the hardware the more I can spend on wiring.

Thanks!
This thread has some routing/install tips and videos...
5th Gen 2019+ Foglight Add-on harness