Ford torsion keys in 02-05 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstrick03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of people don’t know but you can put torsion keys from a ford f150 (10 gen) into a Chevrolet 99-06 4wd and it acts as 4-5 inch lift when you max out the keys. I was wondering if anyone on here has tried this but on a 02-05 ram 1500 4x4? Ik they for sure fit but my real question is if they do lift higher than your regular 3 inch lift keys you can buy for these trucks. I have seen pictures of one guy but can’t contact him about it. So I figured I’d ask here

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run 3 inch Maxx Camzz keys in mine with extended travel cv axels. There is no way you could run two more inches and not pull the shaft out of the front diff. You would have to drive in a straight line every where you went

OP
OP
G

gstrick03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well the reason I ask this is for people that have worn out torsion bars like I had in my old truck. I have had 3 inch keys in mine maxed out and it sat perfectly for like a week and then it settles down to more like 2 inch keys. And I had tried to swap the torsion bars from driver to passenger and passenger to driver (which is another thing chevy guys do for more lift out of their torsion bars) and you can’t do it on these trucks because you can’t get the keys settled in the torsion key crossmember. I’m not so much worried about cv axle angles or even control arm angles at that matter, because every angle looks good for that first week of having maxed out 3 inch keys and then I get pissed when it settles down after that week and I lose a little bit of lift height from worn out torsion bars. My thought is if I can make the ford keys work then I can have more adjustment to get it exactly where I want it.

But I do plan on buying another early 3rd gen with torsion bars because I love these trucks and they’re quite simple to me and I will probably end up testing ford keys to get a answer for every one here.

And another big question I have for these trucks is if anyone knows of any lift control arms for these? (Also The 2wd and 4wd share control arms so even if it says 2wd it will work on 4wd) just curious if anyone has come across any? and if they have reliable websites to buy them from

OP
OP
G

gstrick03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m talking about Upper control arms btw, not worried about lower control arms