Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddy Money

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at zone 5" lift for a 05 ram 1500 4x4 but im wondering if it is woth it to get the 6" BDS instead? Worth the extra $1000? Seems the options are a little more limited for the 02-05.Anybody have them for the 02 - 05 1500s and have comments or opinions?

Thanks

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think a lot of it comes into the proposed use of the truck. If you're going to be out in the sticks giving it hell, I wouldn't cheap out. If you're building a tall truck to sit in the drive-thru, eh, go cheap.

BDS suspensions have always felt better engineered. Less of the "this'll work" and more of the "this is how to do this right".
As such, they cost more.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
They are both owned by the same company. Zone was "formed" to compete with the lower priced lift kits on the market. BDS has a better warranty if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time.
Anybody remember when BDS was called "Big ****'s Suspension"? I have one in my basement to put on my Jeep Scrambler, been there for over 20 years now uninstalled[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless something is different than my 04 all these kits are basically the same parts,
  • Lifted knuckles
  • Integrated sub-frame assembly
  • Differential drop brackets
  • Stinger bars
  • Sway-bar links
  • Skid plate
  • Bump-stop extensions
  • Hardware
REAR
  • 3in lift blocks
  • U-bolts
  • Hardware
SHOCKS
  • (4)
they all install the same way and do the same thing on theses certain models. Maybe better shocks or something,

If i am missing something here fill me in.