Free spin kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It’s not a problem until it is stronger is better and what else is there to spend money on
I mean, if you've got the cash to spend and don't have anything else to spend it on then sure, go for it.

But from a practical standpoint, it's not really useful for most people.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if the op did 5min more research he would of seen the rcv dont work with dynatrac freespins. stub shaft design is altogether different .

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still dont think there is any strength gain with this setup though.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that appears to be just a unit bearing setup same as ford. no benefit from any perspective on our trucks . just the opposite actually ,as youve introduced more parts into a unit bearing system, one step forward two steps back.
our unit bearings have zero maintenance (unlike manual hubs), the shaft is splined directly to the bearings so theres no small parts and pieces to grease/maintain/break/wear out (unlike hubs.)
the only hub system that even sort of makes sense is removing the unit bearing alltogether and using dynatrac spindles and hubs. but theyre $2500, have no fuel mileage gain, adds maintenance to a otherwise maintenance free system , and youll still have the disconnect in place. so at the end of the day youve gained not a single thing if you ask me.
if the rcv shafts were splined to work with the dynatrac hub setup then you may have something worth talking about but that would be a $5000 system that is overkill for 99% of us mortals. unless a guy just wants to be the cool kid driving around town letting everyone see your orange rcv boots and dyna hubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Truthfully I haven’t researched it yet but I do appreciate the information when I am ready to buy the parts I will look at my options

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I don’t want to walk home I haven’t researched all of it yet so I will have to check in to what fits with what I don’t mind spending money on good parts but they all have to work together

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t want to walk home I haven’t researched all of it yet so I will have to check in to what fits with what I don’t mind spending money on good parts but they all have to work together
You keep talking about not wanting to walk home. Just remember you could replace/upgrade about every damn part on the truck and end up walking home for the stupidest reason ever….just saying

Spend some time and get good at hiking, then you wont have to worry so much about walking home

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
If the rcv axels only fit the stock unit bearings that is what I would do because the knuckle u joint is a weaker link rather than the hub I think

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the rcv axels only fit the stock unit bearings that is what I would do because the knuckle u joint is a weaker link rather than the hub I think
If rcv’s fit the factory hub bearings, then they will fit the ones i just posted…because those fit the factory shafts…

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I will have to research it I just want the most bulletproof stuff I can get

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I don’t mind paying for good stuff I just don’t want it to break when I’m camping

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first you were gonna break the axle shafts then the unit bearing then the ball joints now the 1555 steering joints. your posts have gone way past rediculous

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
It’s not the camping it’s the getting there and home that I would like I have broken stuff wheeling before it’s good to hear that these trucks are tough that’s why I bought it but everything can be improved

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Ball joints unit bearing’s wear out the stub axle u joints are usually the weak link serviceable parts wear to but hopefully last longer

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Also we plan to go alone so I don’t want stuff to break and yes I know that wheeling alone is not a good idea but we want to get away from everything and everyone

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
22hemi says he wheels his truck hard and I believe him judging by his pictures he says all he has broken is his steering linkage I have already replaced it a front diff protector is next build for bulletproof