From a Ford to a Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just traded my 2018 XLT Ford FX4 5.0 for a 2019 Bighorn 4x4. I had an issue with oil consumption on the Ford, so I traded for the Ram. I have owned 5 Ford F series trucks and they were all solid. Here are my observations between the Ram and the Ford. The Ford’s are solid well built trucks that pay attention to detail. It’s the little things that you don’t notice until you drive other vehicles, like the placement of knobs and switches , the comfort of the seats, the design of the beds, the site lines, the overall engineering. The Ram was also a pleasant surprise, what I found in comparison with the Ford is that the Ram’s overall ride was better, the interior on my Bighorn was more plush, I thought the engine and transmission seemed to be more refined than the Ford, for the money the Ram offered more equipment such as an AWD setting, foldable mirrors, front and rear sensors all for about the same price as the Ford. So what does this mean? They are both good trucks, Ram has stepped up it’s game. Competition results in better products and the winner is the consumer, which in this case is me.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never owned a Ford truck but had a 2006 GMC single cab 8ft box 4x4 6spd standard. 6 months after ownership I had to get rid of it, clutch was killing my back.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I’ve heard good things about the 5.0 Coyote engines, too bad yours had problems. In Nov 18, I priced the 19 Ram and the 18 Ford (half tons) at the two local dealers. The 19 Ram Big Horn I bought was $2k cheaper than the Ford and had a few more options. I was surprised the 18 Ford wasn't cheaper. Could have been the local Ford dealer, not sure. My father-law bought a 18 Ford the month before I bought my Ram and it is a nice truck, but I like my Ram better.

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome man, welcome to the club! I've owned an 2006/2008/2014 Sierra and a 2002 Silverado...and then I found a good deal on a 2014 Ram (my last truck) and I was hooked.

shrubs2000

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome from a prior ford owner too. I had a 2010 FX4 with 140K miles. Due to some serious frame rust issues, I had to get rid of it. I've never seen a truck rust like mine did. Mechanically it was sound. When it first started it was out of the 3yr/36K miles so the dealer said they wouldn't do anything. Same with the regional Ford folk. After trying a few more times over the years, the results were the same. Thus, I never even looked at a Ford when looking at trucks.

This is my first Ram (really first Mopar) so time will tell. Thus far, I'm happy.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
WELCOME to the group! Congrats on your new RAM :). As for FORD they do make a great truck. Had a F150 Lariat 2x2 and loved it ! Had the 302, Many years of use :) one of my Son's has a F150 XT w.5.0 and it is also a great truck :) All brands can have issues ! Also check out our Senior thread here :) Just a bunch of crusty old farts talking trucks and just plain BS lol

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My buddy has an 18 5.0 F150 suffering from oil consumption too. Just drinks it!