Front Camera or Parking Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firefight1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have any of you installed a camera in the front bumper or a parking assist?

I have a 2017 Ram with Uconnect, and not sure if there is a front camera option that can connect to the Uconnect. I can always get an external monitor.

My truck has rear camera, but would like something for the front too.

This truck is big (crew cab) and a pain in the ass to park in tight spots. At least for me it is sometimes.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May or may not be of any value to you, but the Garmin Overlander works with BC35 wireless cameras both forward and backward (you can flip them) and of course gives you all sorts of GPS features. I think some of the commercial trucking and RV Garmin nav units do the same thing.

I have an older Garmin with older BC30 wireless cameras front and rear on my Ram, I drilled out a big hole in the middle of my front Ram emblem and hot glued the camera behind it. Pretty much invisible unless you're looking for it, easily reversible if I ever break the camera and can't replace it or choose to go with something else... just stick a replacement emblem on there.

Anyway it's not a cheap solution exactly because those higher-end Garmin units and the cameras cost some $$$ but I have to say mine's been reliable these past six years.. as in 100% bull**** free reliable and that's worth something too.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I forget what brand it is but there is a thread in this forum that had an aftermarket front camera that hooked into the stock radio. It came with an adapter cable & a usb stick that added it to the OEM control. Do a search and it should come up.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I forget what brand it is but there is a thread in this forum that had an aftermarket front camera that hooked into the stock radio. It came with an adapter cable & a usb stick that added it to the OEM control. Do a search and it should come up.

I remember that, infact I was gonna buy one for my '17, Okay, now I might have to start searching...

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I just want to point out, it's not for U Connect

This is a video interface for your Uconnect! Media players/Apple TVs/phone mirroring devices/Carplay streaming devices/Cameras are sold separately!!
hhmmm... so your read right through this:
Apart from that you also get one camera input for use as a front camera.
And this describing the Park-Pro option:
The front camera can be triggered manually by the click of a button, as well as automatically when the gear is changed to D, or when the vehicle is moving in less than 7 mph / 12 kph. This feature can be enabled and disabled with dip-switches on the Jailbreaker Enzo.

The part you quoted is the Enzo ability to stream media if you connect a media streaming device to one of the two available multimedia inputs: Connect a media player, phone mirroring device, Apple TV, Carplay streaming device, anything you need to **** your ride! If it has composite NTSC video output, it will work

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
Sorry. I corrected my post. My mistake.
Somehow I misread the specs.

If anyone has installed an Enzo/front camera that does interface with U Connect 8.4, it would be great.