Front CV axle shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First post, long time lurker. My CV axle broke yesterday. I am in a position with Christmas being around the corner. Do I absolutely need the CV axle or can I
get by without it for a couple of weeks without using four wheel?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First post, long time lurker. My CV axle broke yesterday. I am in a position with Christmas being around the corner. Do I absolutely need the CV axle or can I
get by without it for a couple of weeks without using four wheel?
You could do further damage if it binds up

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you go through all that trouble you might as well just slap the new one in .I did both sides on a Ram Napa auto parts. Or like if your tapped for bucks junk yard for the parts nothing wrong with them just check the boots for holes in them you dont want that.

OP
OP
T

Tazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you go through all that trouble you might as well just slap the new one in .I did both sides on a Ram Napa auto parts. Or like if your tapped for bucks junk yard for the parts nothing wrong with them just check the boots for holes in them you dont want that.
I can't get it at a junkyard locally and my local parts house will take 4 days to get it in. Until then will it mess up anything in the diff out cause any other trouble. BTW, thank you for the replies.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well hope you get your ride fixed have a great Holiday and a happy new year

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can drive without most of the CV axle. You need the stub axle on the outer CV joint that attaches to the hub as that's what holds the bearing and steering knuckle in place. Without it there you run the risk of losing the wheel while driving.