Front Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi Guys,
I am having a little difficulty in finding a 3 ohm 6x9 or 6 1/2'' speaker to fit my 2019 Ram 1500.
I called Crutchfield and spoke to an adviser who informed me that they do not have such a speaker.
Anybody out there replace their front door speakers. What did you use. I am using the stock Alpine system with the 8.4'' U Connect system. Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Search for Infinity 6 x 9s for the doors. they have been a common go to for many people on the forum it appears. heck, search infinity reference here and you'll probably find the model number and if it needs an adapter to work in front or not

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Search for Infinity 6 x 9s for the doors. they have been a common go to for many people on the forum it appears. heck, search infinity reference here and you'll probably find the model number and if it needs an adapter to work in front or not

I am looking at the Infinity Reference REF3632ix 3 OHM 6x9. Going to order these now with a spacer and hope for the best.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why are you looking to change the speakers? How old is your truck? Have you given it a chance to break in? What is your source of audio? The source can change your listening experience dramatically.

I've changed MANY systems in my vehicles. I typically buy vehicles with stock systems and upgrade them to my liking. This time around, I decided to try the Alpine and I have to say, after a year and break in, they did a wonderful job. Could it be better, well...anything can be better but changing a pair of speakers isn't going to do anything significant.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
any 6x9 will fit your front door if you use a 1/2" spacer.

kenwood excelon and jbl club and infinity reference are the most popular 3ohm 6x9.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Why are you looking to change the speakers? How old is your truck? Have you given it a chance to break in? What is your source of audio? The source can change your listening experience dramatically.

I've changed MANY systems in my vehicles. I typically buy vehicles with stock systems and upgrade them to my liking. This time around, I decided to try the Alpine and I have to say, after a year and break in, they did a wonderful job. Could it be better, well...anything can be better but changing a pair of speakers isn't going to do anything significant.

i think you need to research this a bit. there are probably over 50 people on this forum alone that just changing out the stock garbage Alpine speakers has made a huge difference .

removing the whole Alpine system yeilds even better results

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i think you need to research this a bit. there are probably over 50 people on this forum alone that just changing out the stock garbage Alpine speakers has made a huge difference .

removing the whole Alpine system yeilds even better results

Yep, my bad, I know nothing about audio.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sarcasm, my old Friend, How you been?

Now, come over and clean up my monitor, would you?

Just trying to save people some money. Let the system break in. If they have the ability to take a calibrated mic and do some frequency sweeps, they'd see they have a pretty fine system. While installing new speakers may give them better response and efficiency, if it's not done everywhere to match, the system gets thrown out of balance and it sounds worse.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Metra 1/2” spacers make the aftermarket front 6x9’s fit fine. I have them with my kicker 3 way 6x9’s. Crutchfield says they won’t fit cause they don’t sell metra spacers. I told them about the solution but nothing updated yet

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

agreed, I had our VSS amp in my 2015 on stock speakers for 3 years, sounded amazing, IMHO

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How did these work?

So I ended up replacing my front and rear door speakers with 6x9's. Infinity Reference for the front and Kickers for the rear. The Infinity's came with a bit of a spacer which worked just fine. I also replaced the dash with 3.5'' Kickers as well. The sound improvement is awesome. Lots of highs and bass. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
So I ended up replacing my front and rear door speakers with 6x9's. Infinity Reference for the front and Kickers for the rear. The Infinity's came with a bit of a spacer which worked just fine. I also replaced the dash with 3.5'' Kickers as well. The sound improvement is awesome. Lots of highs and bass. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Happy to see another kicker user. Which model did you use? How come you didn’t use kicker for the fronts?

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq