FRONT END - POP noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljonSFCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sup Ram peoples! joined this forum today hoping yall can help me find this dang pop noise coming from the front/Left end of my new to me Ram..

it's an 03 1500 Laramie 4x4 w/ the 5.7 hemi. has 80k miles..
getting a pop from the front end when I'm reversing or parking, turning the wheel then hitting the brakes.

just hoping someone might recognize the sound and can maybe help me diagnose, so I don't go cray replacing parts & wasting money!! any tips on where to look & how is appreciated!!!! here's a link to the video/ sound -
Jon

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Sounds like ball joints to me these rams are notorious for those to go bad when mines went bad I redid the whole front end I suggest you do the same especially if it’s all original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
If it's when your wheel is turning and normally in the morning on the first start of day. It's your rack and pinion. And I'm 100% is most likely that since you said turning your wheel. Replaced mine and all gone haven't heard them since

OP
OP
ljonSFCA

ljonSFCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
SOLVED: well after replacing lower ball joints, inner & outer tie rod ends, Sway bar -end links, control arm bushings.. it still had a pop!! ended up being four bolts on the cross member between the front lower control arms, they were tight, but not tight enough. had to torq way down. pop is gone haaaaaalelujah.

front_suspension_crossmember copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta