Front lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aziz2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All

It is 2015 longhorn with NO/air suspension. The vehicle has 150K miles. Front lower control arms’ bushings need to be replaced.
Everything is stock.

Do not know if it’s ok to replace the bushings or the whole LCAs. Someone told me that If I changed the bushings, they’ll go bad after a year or two at the max. Found Moog bushings at “Rockauto.” There is no OEM bushings.

If I should change the whole control arm, I foundMoog and Movetech brands and lots of people seems to lean towards Movetech. Is it better than the Mopar one? Will the Movetech one give me another 150K? And which Movetech? There are 3 types.

Thoughts

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 121k miles on my truck on unmmolested front lowers, tierods, cv axels and hubs, knocking on wood, my truck is 2014 so these parts have 8 years in there. With these much miles/age and the way i drive the truck i'm very inclined to keep these specific parts stock as much as i can assuming they're all available by the time i need them. Again knocking on wood everything is still good so far. None of the aftermarket on these 4 items seem to last not even remotely close to stock. None. The Mevotec rear arms i used before as a test for the rear (both uppers and lowers) only lasted 8k miles, all had cracked bushings. So for my personal usage i'll only have Made in USA aftermarket suspension/steering components, or at the very least stock Dodge parts.

Mopar front Lower Control Arms
68298346AB Lower control arm right
68298347AB Lower control arm left

Last edited: