Front parking lights don't work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
...after LED installation with Sylvania load equalizers on the flasher wires ONLY. Do I need two more equalizers for the parking lamp function as well? Thanks.

2014 Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There is dual resistors available that make using LEDs for the Turn/Running lights plug-n-play.
The other option is to use AlfaOBD to change the Turn/Running lights type to LED in the BCM.
If both work with the ignition "On" but the engine not running then you'll need to use one of the above fixes for your problem.

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you. Have Alfa OBD and all LED Bulbs are set as such. So are you saying Sylvania equalizers won't do the job if I install on the running light wire (if you know)? Many thanks.

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To clarify, the front running lights do not work after installing equalizers on the Flasher wires.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You would need a Sylvania equalizer (or resistor) for both the turn and running lights.
If you used AlfaOBD, normally you don't need add resistors (or equalizers).
Is it possible you have the wrong bulbs, there is two different styles that plug into the same socket. Double check the bulb number.

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll check on the bulb, but I think I bought the GTRs. All other lights on my truck responded to Alfa OBD the way you mentioned. It's the damned front turning/ marker lights that have been a problem after multiple OBD attempts

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sylvania equalizers won't do the job if I install on the running light wire
The resistors get wired from the hot to the ground, so one of the wires going to socket will have a wire from each resistor.

All other lights on my truck responded to Alfa OBD the way you mentioned.
Your not the first to experience this phenomenon. There's been multiple reports across many different model year trucks that have had either resistors or AlfaOBD not work, even using both not work or stop working years later.
You may want to try different a LED bulb.

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. Correct, I understand the wiring to be a you indicated and will try that today before new bulbs.