FS/FT: VP4 8.4 Nav radio with infotainment bezel and harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I took this out of my 2013 1500. It was installed by the previous owner, so I know nothing of its origins, so I will write all that I know here. It seems to be an infotainment.com unit based on the volume module, bezel, and harness that is labeled as such. There are two harness included, I tested both and they both functioned identical. I don't know why there were was an extra in the truck. Just move the volume module over if you use the other one.

It worked great in the truck, I pulled it out because I installed a Pioneer Carplay unit because I love Google maps.

Cons
1) Is on an older software revision. I only tried to update it once OTA, but that didn't work (I didn't think it would, I think it needs a valid cellular connection and VIN). Someone with expertise here may know for sure, but I believe you need a valid VIN to download the software off of the Uconnect site to sideload it directly to the radio. Again, I do not know for certain, everything worked fine so I did not bother to try.

2) The volume knob is a bit janky. Sometimes it would work fine, sometimes it would go up too high or too low. I think this is a common issue with infotainment's volume knobs. I had steering wheel controls and those worked flawlessly, so I'd recommend that (even if the knob worked well). I switched the old faded infotainment knob with a Challenger knob with the correct splines glued in by me, simply for the aesthetic of having everything match. fyi the faded infotainment knob worked more consistently than my custom Challenger knob, so maybe something about the diameter of the knob contributed to the inconsistent function. I'll include both for you to try.

3) I only tried the Nav once as I preferred my google maps, and it worked fine. Being on an older software revision, I'm not sure how it will function as well now for you and where you live. I also do not know if anything else in your truck is necessary for it to function, as I'm not including the roof antenna or mirror or anything else like that.

Pros
1) Screen is in great shape, no scratches. Same with the bezel.

2) Everything worked great and as expected.

$525 shipped. $500 picked up, located in Northridge, CA

longshot but also looking to trade for OEM or replica black 20” 4th Gen sport wheels or AT tires or an exhaust (carven)

Attachments

• IMG_4793.jpg
    IMG_4793.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4794.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4795.jpg
    IMG_4795.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4796.jpg
    IMG_4796.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4798.jpg
    IMG_4798.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_4799.jpg
    IMG_4799.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9068.jpg
    IMG_9068.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9070.jpg
    IMG_9070.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9071.jpg
    IMG_9071.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 39

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please add a sign with your username and date to the photos per the for sale rules.

Thanks and GLWS

OP
OP
J

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. It is there if you click on the pictures. It’s obscured in the thumbs by the file info. I wrote the info on some painters tape below the items

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahh I see it! Sorry about that!

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what it looks like is it’s basically plug and play right? Just old one out new one in.

OP
OP
J

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what it looks like is it’s basically plug and play right? Just old one out new one in.
That’s what I understand.
However If you want to attach a rearview and that’s not already enabled from factory in your bcm you’ll have to alfa odb that.

im not certain if the nav requires any such activation or additional antennas, sorry.

OP
OP
J

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sold! Mods please close. Thank you everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.