Fuel Gauge connector under dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

egropp

Reaction score
2004 Ram 1500
New Fuel Pump (replaced by mechanic).
Fuel gauge now reads full (this was working before the pump replacement)
I am wanting to test the wires from the gauge to under the dash but cannot seem to locate the correct connector. i have seen videos for this, but mine does not even come close to looking like what i have seen.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Was your battery disconnected during install? Any time you work with electronics on a vehicle it is important to do so. If it wasn't, or even just to be sure, disconnect the battery and let it sit a bit, turning on key and maybe light switch to ensure all is discharged. Clean terminals and wire connectors while off, then reconnect and run a few on/off cycles and see if it resets. Also, a weak battery could be causing a glitch now, get it load tested. If after all this it is not working correctly take it back to mechanic and ask for them to check unit, preferably with a semi-empty tank so they see the problem. Good luck.