Fuel Induction Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstone84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi v8
I plan on taking in my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi in for it's 60,000 mile service next week (It actually has close to 69,000). I know I am going get the spark plugs replaced. In the manual it is also recommends that I get the automatic transmission fluid / filter flushed.

However when I was talking to a service adviser yesterday he mentioned I should also do a Fuel Induction Cleaning / Service along with the spark plugs? Has anyone heard of this before? I checked the manual and it doesn't mention it for the 60,000 mile service. What is it and do you recommend it getting done?

With just the spark plugs and automatic transmission flush I am looking at $600+. The adviser told me the fuel induction service would be another couple hundred. I really don't have kind of spare cash right now, if you had to choose one would you chose the automatic transmission flush or the fuel induction? I am leaning towards the transmission cause its actually in the manual but y'all probably know best.

Thanks for the help!

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another money maker. forget about it.
I've seen bills, where the tech wrote down 2 hours for "smoke test" which is complete BS. you can find a leak in 2 minutes by spraying brake disc cleaner on the engine and check the co at the same time.
I hate when shops doing it.
and DO NOT FLUSH THE TRANSMISSION.
The reason is, there is the transmission fluid pressed through the system. it can blow out gaskets inside and in long term you can get problems.
a normal transmission fluid change with filter change is reasonable and you don't need more. If you want to make sure, just change the fluid without filters and do it again after 100 miles with filters- this gets the old oil from the torque converter out.
A normal transmission fluid change should be not more than ~$150.00 incl. Filters.
Yes- go with the transmission fluid CHANGE. leave the moneymaker out.

and sparkplugs- aren't they not due at 100k?
If you don't have 2 left hands- you can do the plugs by your self. It's not too hard. There you could save another $ or two.

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just follow the manual, in my case I just have oil changes performed and that's it. Good luck and oh stay away from the money makers like mentioned above.

BaghRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Basically:
Fuel Induction Service = a couple of bottles of Techron in the gas tank every oil change. A hellova lot cheaper and you do it yourself.

Tranny fluid CHANGE much better than a flush.

16 spark plugs + 6-pack + shade tree = an enjoyable bonding afternoon with your truck.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wouldn't pay $200 but the fuel system clean a dealer does works a lot better than the bottles of whatever you put in your tank.

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Add 2 bottles of Red Line SI-1 then fill your fuel tank to 1/2 tank... Run completely through...Then fill back up and take out for a good old Italian Tune Up on the interstate or turnpike...

One thing to remember when adding shelf bought fuel system cleaners is they need time to soak on the carbon build up if any...Don't add them before a long trip, they will do very little...

Todays engines not {DI} have shown to be very efficient & have shown to run very clean within the combustion chamber... I do like to add a bit of lubricity for my injectors...

Just make sure to Try to fill up regularly at a Very Busy-->{Very little chance of Old Stagnate Fuel being pumped into your tank}... Popular Name Brand Station...

Last edited: