Fuel issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mendoAu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
rebuilt 318
I've got a 87 power ram with a mechanical fuel pump. After several years of storage I finally took the time to get her running again. Only has a couple thousand miles after a "down to the crank, electric carb in garbage can and smog removal project" in my driveway. Drained the tank and added fresh gas to the tank, new fuel filter and new fuel pump. It runs great for ten minutes or so and then runs out of fuel in the fuel filter. About ready to drop the tank and explore the innards of said tank for some kinda plugged filter. Looked at a dozen different diagrams and am still a bit confused. Am I overlooking something. Got a Holley duel pumper carb and some other goodies but it's the clear filter that I'm watching start out just fine and then slowly developes more and more air bubbles until the fuel just spurts a bit and becomes dang near empty. I've kinda ruled out the fuel pump 'cause the new pump and old pump have acted the same way with no apparent change to the problem. I do have a after market "one way" valve between the pump and carb but don't think that could be a problem. Any help would make that Dodge real happy.

2015-11-13_1215.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990