Fuel tank not getting full.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scoot33

scoot33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up my truck today after the dealership replaced the 23 gallon tank. They filled it with gas and it was full when I picked it up. We’ll see how it goes.
I just got back from a 1000 mile trip. The new tank and filler did the same as the old one. Click off at the pump at 3/4-7/8. I need to look into the 33 gallon.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just got back from a 1000 mile trip. The new tank and filler did the same as the old one. Click off at the pump at 3/4-7/8. I need to look into the 33 gallon.
When you filled it after their fill up, did you have problem the first full up? After handle clicked off, did you squeeze again to try and put more in? Your control valve may be bad. See if that was part of replacement.

Craigv85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the club. Mine is at the dealer every 2 to 3 months to get a new fuel neck, charcoal canister, fuel pump, CO2 sensor, or new tank. I only slow fuel on the first lock position and don’t over fuel. Kind of suck. The last time had mine back from the dealer for a day when i noticed a clicking sound, now getting a new engine... Spending more time in rentals than it.