Funky gooseneck hole with threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easy Peazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just bought a used 2019 2500 with some mods. When looking in the bed there’s a hole and some kind of “hitch”. This hitch is a huge threaded hole. I’ve looked online for any such ball but can’t find anything. I’m new to owning a big boy truck and never had a gooseneck hitch setup but anyone else’s I’ve seen doesn’t have anything like this. Worst case scenario I’ll just buy a BW rig and replace it but just for curiosity sake, I didn’t know if anyone has seen a general threaded hole for a center bed hitch. The diameter for the threaded hole look larger than a normal threaded ball that I recall and it just seems odd to me. Any light than could be shown on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
So that is where the term “screwball” came from! LMAO.

OP
OP
E

Easy Peazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Haha never thought about that but yeah. I’m not a ball hitchologist but to me it just seems weird. The thread pitch is pretty large and I’m scratching my head wondering what the previous owner used if anything at all. Don’t see any safety chain hookups either.