Gas cap Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You mean there are people out there who don't turn the gas cap around through many clicks so that the writing is the right way up after they fill up ? And they drive around knowing that the writing is upside down all the time ? How do they even live ???
OCD is a terrible task master!

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

firepuppet66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
From an earlier answer I posted on this issue: I had the same issue P0456 small evap leak. After checking the forums and watching you tube vids (and after trading gas caps with a buddy) I determined the problem with my 2009 Laramie crew cab 5.7L was the evap pump. I bought one at the dealer. Crawled all over under the truck. Where is the darn thing? Vids I watched indicated that various years and models have it in different locations. Crawled under the back (no spare tire) and aha! There it is on top of the gas tank at the back. As per the vids it's easy to change (dirty greasy job working over the rear diff). Ran the truck, gas cap symbol went away but not check engine. Used Blue Driver code reader and cell phone. select clear all codes (must have engine off, key to "on"). It cleared