GAS PEDAL HARD TO PUSH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
2019 Ram Laramie 4x4 1500 42,000 miles in So Cal cold weather not an issue here. Stock engine and trans no hop up or after market parts.
While driving on the freeway the gas pedal suddenly got extremely hard to push down. Taking my foot completely off the gas pedal and the truck decelerated normally then when i tried to accelerate the pedal would only go down about half an inch and speed would slowly creep back up. No warning light or info on the dash but i then noticed the cruise control was on and i don't remember turning it on. But cruise control always worked flawlessly in the past. I then turned off cruise but it made no difference. Fought the gas pedal all the way home, put it in park revved the engine same problem pushing down pedal. Shut the truck off , pushed down the gas pedal and the pedal was normal. Re started the truck and pedal was then normal. Drove it the next day and was normal. Anyone else experience this problem?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get you a flashlight and look at the top of the gas pedal and check the connections, as U know, the skinny pedal is fly by wire. Make sure all connections are tight and connected properly. If U keep getting recurring problem, gonna have to be professionally diagnosed.

Could have just been a electrical gremlin glitch. Sometimes chit happens and U just neva find out why. All IMHO...