Gauge cluster questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bleev316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 05 4.7 and the speedo, oil pressure, and temp gauges are all not working properly. Picked up a replacement from a salvage but the connections are different. Any recommendations on a place to find a stock one or aftermarket that will work and won't cost more than $300. Thank you for any information.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Junkyards would be your best bet. Thats where i got mine for my ST-SLT conversion. If you can find a U Pull or Pull A Part type place, there are often plenty still in the trucks. Most cost ~$50 at a you pull it yourself place. Speedos from 02-05 will fit. Not sure about 06+ in an 05. Be sure you get one with the RKE keyless entry box on the back if your truck is equipped with it currently. The milage will read the same as the truck you pulled it from unless you can find a company to edit it for you, they’re around. It is also a federal offense to sell a vehicle with a modified odometer (Not sure if disclosing the change covers your rear). You may need to have your keyless entry reprogrammed to the new speedo if swapping the module from the back of yours to the new one doesn’t work.

Good luck.

Edit: Also be sure the speedo is from the same drive train as your vehicle, Auto or Manual, and Diesels have diferent displays.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check eBay. There is a great seller on there, Cluster Surgeon. He's based out of PA. Might even be able to repair your original