Getting a new key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Local dealer said they can get one programmed for 55 bucks and for a fob with no buttons for 75 if I want to unlock truck etc its 189 for the fob. What kind of mega scam is this? I bought my truck used and it has only 1 fob but man to think if I wanted a spare it would cost my 2nd child.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was just another lengthy discussion on this very topic a couple days ago. May want to search it out..

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Order a fob from these guys..... it was cheaper for me to do this and then have the dealer cut and program it for me. They are well built and if I ever need another one I will order it thru these guys again. Either way your still gonna drop some coin but this route I found to be slightly cheaper.

https://m.carandtruckremotes.com/

OP
OP
Craw

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got a deal. 22 bucks for fob (keyless2go) from amazon and 50 bucks to program from local smith.

Port City Locksmith in Stockton,CA was awesome and suggested the key fob online. Dealership can kick rocks.

OP
OP
Craw

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Since I have 2 now, how can I program another spare on my own?