Getting some new tires :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, after the thread about how crappy the stock Goodyear tires are I figured I would be getting new tires next fall and run these crapola tires through the summer. Well yesterday while backing into the garage i caught the tire on a kids bicycle and ripped a hole in the sidewall. This prompted me to expedite tire replacement. I called around and no one near me carries 20" tires in stock. I reviewed the thread where someone posted up some suggestions and ordered 2 Cooper DiscovererAT3 tires from treaddepot. A local place sells them for the bargain price of $215 each installed (not counting tax). The two I ordered cost $374 shipped so I'll be doing 2 at a time since I wasn't expecting to drop $900 on tires two weeks before vacation. So does anyone know if I can just have them swap the tires and put them back on my truck or do I have to take it in and have them do something with the TPMS? My stock tires have 20k on them, is this going to give my any grief with traction control or ABS?

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just have them swap the tires and balance.
The sensors are self learning so they will correct themselves after a little bit of driving.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just make sure you ask them to throw some bead lock on the rims for ya.
The seepage around the beads is driving me crazy. Sometimes I miss being a mechanic so I can just do it right myself.

OP
OP
P

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the kid's bike OK?

Unfortunately is survived unscathed......

I'm glad no funky relearn so I can find the cheapest place to just swap them out. I'm going to keep the crappy good tires in case i run into this again.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Unfortunately is survived unscathed......

I'm glad no funky relearn so I can find the cheapest place to just swap them out. I'm going to keep the crappy good tires in case i run into this again.

I'm funnin'. I had a ripped sidewall blowout on my property with my old Durango and it's frustrating. At least an upgrade will come out of it.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure you ask them to throw some bead lock on the rims for ya.
The seepage around the beads is driving me crazy. Sometimes I miss being a mechanic so I can just do it right myself.

If you're leaking at the rim, you have a problem.
Corrosion, rust, something that is preventing a good seal.

OP
OP
P

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm funnin'. I had a ripped sidewall blowout on my property with my old Durango and it's frustrating. At least an upgrade will come out of it.

I figured you were! I might take it out into the driveway and give it a proper runnin over before I get the new tires!